Prologue

'Keep running, don't stop. They'll get you. You know they will. Don't stop Y/N.' I told myself as I kept running down the street.

Let me explain this to you. My name is Y/N Jackson. I'm four years old. I did something bad, now mommy and daddy are mad with me. So I ran away before they could get to me. But I know they are still looking for me.
I felt something fall against my skin, something wet, like... water. I looked up and saw it began to rain. Oh no.
I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, I looked behind me to see if they were coming and just like that, I crashed into something making me fall to the ground.

"Oh my God. Are you okay? I'm so sorry." The woman said. She bent down to my level on the ground and helped me up. "Are you hurt?" She asked. I shook my head. They are going to get me, I know it. I thought as I felt tears beginning to fall. "Hey..." She said as she took me into her arms and hugged me and surprisingly I snuggled into her embrace as if my life depended on it. It just felt so good. Mommy never hugged me like this before, well... She never hugged me. "Come on. Let's warm you up." She said as she got up with me still in her arms.

As she began to walk I laid my head on her shoulder and smelt her vanilla scent, I love vanilla. I don't understand why, but I feel so comfortable with her. More comfortable than I ever felt with mommy and daddy.

Lauren's POV

This little girl I had no idea who it was held onto me like if she didn't, I would go away. She seemed so little, maybe two or three years old. Who would be crazy enough to let their little girl by herself in the middle of a storm? I know I wouldn't.

I walked with her in my arms to the bus that was parked just two blocks away from where I had found her. She was silently crying against my shoulder and that literally broke my heart.

When we got to the bus I struggled a little to put in the code, but managed to do so. I walked up the tour bus careful not to wake up the girls, but was surprised to see they were all already up.

"Umm... Hey guys." I said awkwardly "What are you guys doing up so late?" I asked like I wasn't the one sneaking out in the middle of the night.

"We would like to ask you the same question." Ally said getting up from the couch and crossing her arms while standing in front of me.
"And... Who the hell is that?" Dinah asked pointing at the little body clinging onto me.
"This is..." Shit. I don't know her name.
"Y/N" She whispered in my ear.
"Y/N." I stated to the girls. "I found her in the rain just down the block."
"What the hell Lauren?!" Normani exclaimed making Y/N jump in my arms and start to shake.
"Keep it down, please. You're scaring her." I ran my hand through her red hair soothingly and she calmed down a bit. "I wasn't just gonna let her stay there freezing. I had to do something." I told them.

"What about her parents?" Ally asked softly. "What if they're looking for her?"

I haven't thought about that...

Y/N started to move in my arms and mumble something I couldn't quite catch because her face was buried in my neck.

"What did you say sweetie?" I asked her.

"No mommy and daddy. Mommy and daddy mean." She said in the verge of tears.

I sat down and put her in my lap, caressing her back to soothe her a little.

When she calmed down I decided to ask her.

"Honey, why are your mommy and daddy mean to you?" She looked down.

She took hold of the hem of her shirt and lifted up a bit so we could see her stomach. It was full on bruises and scratches, many of them still fresh and bleeding. "Ally can you bring me the first aid kit, please?" She got up of the couch to go take as I helped Y/N take off her shirt so I could have a better view of the wounds.

"Why did they do this to you?" Camila asked worried.
"Because I deserved it. I was bad, so they punished me." She said normally.
"Sweetie is not okay for them to do this. You didn't deserve any of this, no one does." I told her and she hung her head low.

Ally came back with the first aid kit and set it down next to me. I looked inside Y/N's bright eyes e she nodded for me to move on. I damped a little bit of
hydrogen peroxide into a cotton ball and tried to be as careful as I could while cleaning her.
After cleaning her up I gave her one of my hoodies to wear, because it was really cold tonight. She was pretty much clean when she got here, so I could give a shower just when we got to the hotel in the morning.

I took her in my arms and lead us to my bunk, where I laid her, getting in right after.

"Miss Lauwen, will you give me back to mommy and daddy?" She asked fearful.
"Do you want to go back to your mommy and daddy?" I asked back. She thought for a moment then shook her head 'no'. "Well, then we'll have to take care of that, won't we?" I poked her nose and she giggled. She cuddled into my chest and soon enough her breathing was at a steady pace.

"Have sweet dreams, Y/N." I told her before I drifted off to sleep.

In the morning...

"I can't give her back to them!" I whisper yelled to my band mates.

"Lauren, she is a child. We can't have a child here with us. She needs her family." Ally tried to reason.

"At this point Ally, I don't even care. All I care about is that this little girl is suffering, and she is hurt, physically and emotionally. And if I can do anything to help her, I will. Even if it means I'll have to adopt her. And I really wish you could support me in this, but if you don't, I can't and won't force you."

"Lauren look, we are all totally on board with this. We always will support you, but I think what Ally meant is that, a child is a lot of responsibility. Y/N needs stability. None of us can give her that." Camila explained in a smooth voice.

I sighed heavily and brushed my hand through my hair.

"I know that. But from what I saw, all she really needs right now is love. And I certainly can give it to her." I said, my voice calmer.

Ally sighed and nodded. The girls did the same.

"We support you Lo. Always." Ally said smiling slightly.

The girls engulfed me in a group hug where you could just feel the love from a mile away. But we soon had to break it off after hearing a little yawn.

Y/N appeared in the door way rubbing her tired eyes. I detached myself from the girls and walked towards the little girl. I bent down to her height and took her in my arms, where she immediately laid her head on my shoulder.

"Hey there, how was your night?" I asked her.
"Good." She mumbled against my shoulder. I took her with me to our little kitchen to have breakfast.

We ate calmly, but things had to be solved and quickly. After we ate, I took her in my arms again and sat with her on the couch. She was playing with my hair and just looked so happy that I didn't think I could do it.

But I knew I had to.

"Y/N sweetie, look at me please." And she did. Those bright eyes staring right into mine. "We'll need to go back to your house." I told her and saw as those beautiful eyes started to water.

Oh God.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so my name is Beatriz, but everyone calls me Bia for some reason, but meh.

I'm Brazilian, and I've been writing since I was 7 years old. I learned English at the age of 8 by myself. This is not my first time writing something in English, but it is my first time publishing it. I love stories about how Lauren adopts kids and that stuff, but I also love Lauren/You stories, soooo here it is.

Just to quickly introduce myself, I am 17 years old, redheaded (born with it), blue eyed, lesbian, Harmonizer (obviously), Selenator, Lovatic, PotterHead (Slytherin), DemiGod (Daugther of Athena), Little Liar, Switcher (Switched at Birth fan) and Foster (The Fosters fan). And I think that's it. Wanna talk to me, please pm me.

And please comment. Love you. Bye!