Chapter Twenty Eight - Rewrite

I was eager to tell everyone the good news, so I called everyone and asked them to wait for me at my parents' house, while Ally stayed with Y/N at the hospital because she had another session of chemo today.

When I got there literally everyone was there waiting for me, my family, the girls, Ally's family, I greeted everyone and sat down on a chair, facing everyone who was either sitting on the couch or on the floor, or simply standing around. All eyes on me, waiting for what I had to say.

"So, honey why did you call us here today?" My mother asked.
"Is Y/N getting out of the hospital?" My father asked. I shook my head.
"Not yet." I said and the all sighed. "But..." I started and they all looked up at me. "She's in remission." I smiled wide and saw all their smiles as well.
"What does that mean?" Mackenzie asked, but before I could answer, someone else made a question.
"So how long now before she comes back?" Ally's brother, Brandon asked.
"We're not sure, she has yet to make a full recovery." He nodded.
"Hey!" Someone called.
"Can we do anything?" Normani asked.
"Well, I think she would love a visit." She nodded and I looked behind her to see Camila and Dinah doing the same, big smiles on their faces.

I was saying goodbye to everyone because I needed to go back to the hospital, but I felt someone tugging on my shirt. I looked down to see Mackenzie, big brown eyes looking up at me. I knelt down to her level and smiled.

"What does remission mean?" She asked.
"It means that all the medication the doctors have been giving Y/N is working and she's starting to get better." She smiled.
"So she's not going to die?" I shook my head
"No honey, she's not going to die."

2 weeks later...

Today was the day our album came out. The girls and I along with our management decided we should do this.
The album's title was 'Colors Of Autumn' in tribute to Y/N's auburn hair.
During the writing process I wrote two songs about her and they were both recorded and made it into the album.
We were all gathered in Y/N's hospital room listening to it, she seemed to be loving it.
The first track 'Take Me In' had just finished playing.

"This next one, I wrote for you." I told Y/N.
'Colors Of Autumn' started playing and her eyes became glossy.
"I love it."

When we got to the fifth track 'Under Your Control', Mackenzie had gotten Y/N out of the bed so they could dance.
It was so infectious that we all joined in the dancing.
"I'll be right back!" Dinah yelled over the music.
She left and we kept dancing. I could see Y/N getting tired so I picked her up so we could dance together and she smiled throwing her arms in the air.
"I have take out!" Dinah shouted.

We ate the chinese take out she brought, with the door closed, because Y/N wasn't allowed to eat anything but the food the hospital gave her.

"I assume you're not coming tonight, Lo?" Mani asked.
"I can't."
"Go where?" Y/N asked.
"The release party for the album." Ally said.
"Can I go?" We looked between each other.
"Baby... I..."
"I'm always here. All the time. Please, Mommy."
"It couldn't hurt, right? Just for a little bit." Camila said.
"So she can have a little bit of social interactions." Lucy added.
I sighed.
"I'll have to ask the doctor, but I guess why not." I said smiling at them.

Later on the afternoon, I asked the doctor if Y/N could leave the hospital for the night, she said yes, but she had to be back by 8pm. Which was just fine.
Ally went back to my house to pick some clothes for Y/N to leave in. All the while, I was getting her hair ready.

"I'm gonna have to cut it, right?" She asked as I brushed.
"Cut what?"
"My hair." She looked at me. "I met this boy, he has lung cancer, he doesn't have any hair, he said he had to cut it all off because it kept falling off." She said picking up a long strand of red hair from the floor. "I'll have to cut it." She looked at the hair in her hand before letting it fall. "But I don't wanna. I'm gonna look horrible. I'll look like a boy." She said, crying.
"No, you won't." I sat her in my lap. "Even if you do need to cut it, you're going to look beautiful. With or without hair." I kissed the spot in her head where there was no more hair.
I kept on brushing her curls.
"Mommy?" I hummed in response. "Will you still love me, when I'm bald?"
"Baby, I'll love you no matter how you look like. You know why?" She shook her head. "Because you are my baby, and you'll be my baby till the end of times. I'm going to love you no matter what happens. Always."

Ally came back with the clothing and we helped Y/N get dressed in a little yellow dress and white shoes. She looked so sweet, but still, she didn't look like herself. She looked pale, cheekbones more apparent, bags under her eyes, she was skinny, she didn't look like my Y/N, but I knew that she was there, somewhere.
Ally was already dressed for the event and had brought the dress that I asked her to. I got dressed quickly and put my hair in a high bun. I did my make up quickly and noticed someone was watching me as I put on my lipstick.

"Hey there." I said looking at her through the mirror.
"Can I use make up too?" I looked down at my make up and saw the blush and lip-gloss and smiled.
"Sure, baby." She walked towards me and sat by my side on the bed. I put on some blush on her pale cheeks and a little bit of nude lip-gloss on her chapped lips. "You look beautiful." She smiled and ran to the bathroom to see her reflection.
"I do." She said still looking at herself.
I crossed eyes with Ally and she smiled sadly.

Y/N had to be in a wheel chair at all times, which she hated. But she understood that for her to leave this place that's how it was going to be.
So I wheeled her out and into the awaiting black car in front of the hospital.
The driver already knew where to take us, he only needed to help me fold the chair.
Y/N looked outside the window in awe.
It had been a while since she last saw anything outside from the hospital surroundings.
We got to the venue at the same time the others did, paparazzi weren't allowed to be here due to Y/N being here. So there were no cameras waiting for us.

Ally left the car first and took the wheel chair out of the trunk. I helped Y/N out and she sat on the chair.
"You look so cute, Y/N/N." Mani said.
"Agreed." The others said.
"Thank you." She smiled.
We all walked in together and when the security guard opened the door, the place was already full. People started screaming when they saw us and smiled as Y/N passed by them, saying all kinds of nice things, the smile never left her face.

I had Y/N standing at the wings with Lucy as we were on stage answering questions about the new album and singing a few songs from the previous one.
Every time I looked at her I could see her smiling.
"So, we heard that a few songs on the album were dedicated to your daughter, Y/N. Is that right Lauren?" Jojo Wright asked.
"It is. During the writing process I wrote a few songs about her and they got picked out to be on the album and I'm glad they did."
"And the album title, how did you guys come up with it?"
"Well, Y/N has been a huge part of our lives for the past year and a half." Dinah said.
"And Y/N was there at all times. She saw this album come to life." Camila said.
"She was as part of it as we are." Ally added.
"Can we bring her over here?" He asked and I nodded.
Lucy brought Y/N and stopped her chair by my side. Someone came and gave Y/N a mic.
"So Y/N, how does it feel to have the album title dedicated to you?"
"It's... Weird. But I like that they think I'm so important." She said into the mic making everyone laugh slightly.

We kept going with the questions from Jojo and a few from the audience. I looked at Y/N and she seemed tired. I looked at the wings and Will was motioning for Jojo to wrap it up. But he still had one more question that he directed toward Y/N.

"Y/N we are all hoping for a very fast recovery for you." He started and she smiled at him. "And I'm sure that's coming very soon." He smiled and I looked out to the crowd to see everyone also had smiles on their faces. "So my question is pretty simple. When you do get better, what is the first thing you want to do?" We all looked to my little girl who seemed deep in thought.
She rested her hand on her chin, making the cutest thinking face ever and I smiled.
"I just want to go home. And snuggle with my Mommies on the bed." She said and everyone awed. "With Mr. Carrots too!" She exclaimed, remembering her stuffed bunny. "And Mr. Good Bear. Yeah." She nodded her conviction at the end, making the rest of us giggle at her antics.

Jojo wrapped up the event and we thanked all the fans for coming. We left out the back and into the van that was waiting for us to take us back to the hospital. Y/N insisted on sitting on my lap, so I let her, there's not much I wouldn't let her do actually, cause like... Look at her.
She laid her head on my chest and I could sense she was going to fall asleep, but before she did, she called for me.

"Mommy?" I hummed my response. "Thanks for letting me come with you." She said lowly.
"Of course, honey." I smiled down at her. "Did you have fun?"
She nodded her head against my chest.
"Perhaps if you keep getting better we can do even more fun stuff. What do you think?"
"Yeah..." She slurred sleepily. "That would be nice." Se yawned cutely and snuggled closer to me. "Night night, Mommy." I chuckled.
"Good night babygirl."

Hey people
New chapter here for you and I hope you liked it, some things are already starting to change and I hope you're liking them.

See you next week