Chapter Twenty Two

I got a backpack and started to stuff it with things. I put my jammies in it, I took my favorite book that Mommy would always read to me as a bedtime story and put it in my backpack too, I carefully put Mr. Good Bear in there and put the bag on my shoulder.
I took Mommy's phone, Mr. Carrot's leg and walked to the bathroom, I took my toothbrush and put it in my bag and after taking a deep breath, I walked back to the living room.

"Honey? Where are you going with that backpack?" Mommy asked looking at me from the couch, she was putting all my things together. I sighed. She really didn't care about our day, so it's better if I just go.
"I'm going to Auntie Camz's house." I said. I put her phone on the armrest of the couch and started to walk to the door, but stopped when I heard her voice once again, this time louder.
"What!? No!" She protested getting up from the ground.
"Mommy I'm going. You're busy and that's okay. Have a good night Mommy." I walked to the door.
"Y/N Y/M/N Jauregui you do not walk out that door." She warned and even though I knew to get on her bad side, I walked out anyway and walked quickly to the elevator.

In a matter of a few seconds I was standing in front of Auntie Camz's door. I knocked and waited until she came and answered and when she did I tackled her in a hug.

"Oh!" Was all she said as she tried not to bring the both of us down to the ground. She walked with me still in her arms and sat us down on the couch. "Honey, what's wrong? Why didn't you stay home tonight?" She asked.
"Yeah, I thought Lauren said Saturday was your day to spend together." I heard Auntie Lucy say.
"Not anymore." I sniffled. I took in a breath and looked at Auntie Camz's big brown eyes. "I need to talk to Kenzie." I said, she nodded and let me go.

I walked to the spare bedroom and knocked on the door, I heard Kenzie's voice saying I could come in and so I did. As I walked in I saw her sitting on the bed with two Barbie dolls. The room was slowly looking more and more like her room back at her house. I walked towards the bed and stood in front of her.

"Were you crying?" She asked and I nodded. "Why? What happened? What can I do to help you?" She asked quickly.
"You could hug me. I really need that right now." She didn't say anything else, she just extended her arms and I snuggled up to her.

A few minutes later...

I was still in Mackenzie's arms, and I didn't intend on leaving anytime soon. Her fingers were combing my hair and I have to admit it was making me sleepy, but she didn't let me fall asleep just yet.

"I love that you're here, but I have to ask."
"You wanna know why..." I trailed off lowly. "Do you remember when I told you about Brad? The man that kissed my Mommy?" I asked her.
"Curly hair, no lip?" She asked and I nodded.
"He's back." Was all I said and I heard her gasp right after. "He is Mommy's friend now."
"Friend? I thought she hated him."
"Me too." She giggled.
"What changed?"
"I don't know. I just know that he told me he will try to be her boyfriend again and that I shouldn't be in his way or he will send me to Heaven." She gasped again.
"No he won't, because I won't let him." I looked up at her and smiled. "I promise you he won't ever hurt you, if he even tries I will kick his butt." I giggle and snuggled up closer to her. I could get used to this.

Half na hour later...

I decided that it had been enough time past and that I was ready to talk to my Aunties now, so Kenzie and I walked to the living room where we found Auntie Camz sitting on Auntie Lucy's lap, she was making weird noises and I hate to interrupt but this was kind of important so I cleared my throat to get their attention and it worked out, Auntie Camz recomposed herself and sat back on the couch.
Kenzie and I walked to the couch and sat in between the two of them. I was closer to Auntie Lucy so she took my hand in her and caressed it gently.