Chapter 2- Deaf not Dumb

So to start this chapter with something that is really important to me, I want the same opportunities that you have and have the voice that you have but sadly that does not happen, You all say deaf people cannot do this job or that job. 

Why? Because we are dumb? Stupid even?. People have different talents regardless of what nationality they are or weather they are deaf or hearing.

My dream is that all businesses, police stations etc and basically everywhere will learn to sign maybe even that will be a law.. Deaf people have the right to good quality customer service too.

Please watch this video below:

So from watching that what is your opinion?. Do you feel bad if you've brushed people like us in the past perhaps? Or now are you thinking that Deaf people can achieve anything?

They could be,

An Artist,

Filmmaker,

Photographer 

Teacher

Basically anything? 

Okay we are Deaf but we should not let that stop us, We have other senses that we rely on to communicate.

We lip read and we sign and if communication gets difficult we write and we always find a way to get through the barriers but it's us that is sadly doing the hard work not you guys. 

My dream is to be an sign interpreter but others are saying I can't when some are saying I can both sides of these people differ to agree if there are deaf interpreters. I have a little bit of hearing which without that hearing my hearing aid wouldn't work at all.

The Four girls above won an award and ended up on deaf program See Hear which is basically Deaf news. Watch the video of See hear below and listen to what the four girls say.

I agree with everything these girls are saying so why is'nt this happenng?.. Why are things not changing quickly enough?.

I watched a documentary recently that back in the old days like the 50's/60's Deaf people were not allowed to sign a bit like this story here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0854b59/see-hear-series-36-8-christmas

If you can't click the link I will leave it in comments but here is another link of the same video 

https://www.facebook.com/bbcseehear/videos/1299376466781089/?fallback=1

Another thing that bugs me is really bad interpreters and some of them treat us like we are dumb. 

Here is some examples:

You can view some of his videos here:

https://www.facebook.com/bbcseehear/videos/1299376466781089/?fallback=1

The link is the facebook page fr the See Hear Facebook site

Or here Danny Skilts Videos:

https://www.facebook.com/12dann/