Not so "Fresh"

Fresh tosses and turns, unable to get comfortable. He had already peeled away his colorful t-shirt and boxer and lay naked on his bed, his covers strewn across the room. Fresh squeezed his eyes shut as the room begins to spin, and muffled a groan with his pillow, sliding off of his bed and advancing towards the door. This was a bad idea, perhaps, because after moving the small amount of a few feet, he vomited what little of his dinner he ate onto the floor, pressing himself against the wall, shivering, but leaning into, its inviting coolness.

After a while against the cold wall, Fresh had stabilized enough to move several feet with out throwing up, so he slumped onto his bed his face hitting the pillow which had now cooled down, lulling him into a hot, stuffy, fever-induced dream. Or at least he wished. He rolls over slightly and shudders, a cold chill rushing over his body before it was suddenly all too hot again. Fresh gazes at the door, the sounds of his shallow, shaky breathing filled the silent room, the slightly calming sound being silenced, by the small creaking of the door opening.

Fresh barely registered footsteps approach rapidly, and only caught a few words. "Fresh...Okay...God...Boiling hot...you'll...fine..." "...M...Ma...?" Fresh answered, his voice raspy and tired. "Shhhhh," CQ chides, and gently presses Fresh against her chest, rubbing small, soft circles into his back. Fresh's bones screamed in protest, as he was quite sore. Though the calming sensation of another sentient being, and just the assurance of a little help, made it easy for Fresh to fall asleep right then and there.

.

.

.

When Fresh woke up in the morning, the first things he noticed were something cold on his forehead, a hand caressing his cheek and Geno's face looming over him. "W-wh-...?" Fresh mumbled, still waking up. Fresh struggled to get up and breathed in sharply as hot pain hit him in every crevice of his already heated bones, and another wave of dizziness crept over his vision. CQ place her hand on Fresh's rib cage and lightly pushed him back down. "Pfffft, Slow down there, you still have a fever, sport." (#CQisasoccermom) CQ stated, concern clipping her words.

Fresh didn't protest because one, he was too tired to, and two, he knew it was true. What was the point of lying? He sure didn't know. "S-So, Fresh, how d-do you feel?" Geno asked, deeply worried for his brother. "...Terrible..." Fresh answered honestly, as CQ replaced the wet cloth on his forehead. Fresh tries to sit up again, and CQ allows it, propping him up with a pillow. Fresh looks around for a few seconds before another dizzy spell hits him. He shivers as his head pounds, and everything gets brighter and brighter, the lights are suddenly searing, and everything hurts ten times more. CQ says something, and it makes his 'ears' ring, and he retreats under his covers with a pained whimper.

After Fresh had vomited four times, his temperature had risen to a dangerous level, gone down to a little above his normal temperature, and then back up to dangerous levels, CQ decided that she would get him checked out, she was going to before, but now she REALLY was. "Fresh, Honey?" CQ whispered, only receiving a sharp breath from the mass of covers and heat she was hugging. Fresh was cooling down rapidly, even though CQ thought it would be better if he took off the cover, he wouldn't simply discard it.

"Once Error and Geno get back from school, we're going to the Doc-" "N-..no...'m fine..." Fresh mumbled the first words CQ had heard from him in a while. Well, he wasn't lying in all. He had ate something, he was cooling down, plus he was finally talking. "Fine," CQ surrenders, rubbing Fresh's back. "Just know, if your temperature goes up like that again, we're going down to the Doctor." Fresh weakly nods, or CQ assumed he did, as he was still under the covers. CQ slowly pushes Fresh back onto the pillow and uncovers his face, kissing his forehead and getting up. "You get some rest; I'll come check up on you in a bit." The last things Fresh sees before he finally falls asleep is CQ's smiling face falter, and something like, "Oh Fresh..." escaping her lips.

Darkness-

Fresh wakes up again, and slides out of bed, hitting the ground with an undignified plop. He crawls to the doorway, then slowly stands up, leaning on it for support. He scales the wall with shaking hands and ends up in the Living Room. Geno is watching something on the TV, and Error is too but is simultaneously trying to solve a Rubik's Cube. The first one to see him is Geno who hops off the couch runs over and half-catches, half-drops Fresh as he begins to topple, his sense of balance shot from his previous body heat. Geno wraps his baby brother into a protective hug, and Error watches the scene from the couch. "B-Bro you're awake!" Geno gushed, rushing to bring the good out of this predicament. Fresh nods, wincing when Geno's hug tightens. "Oops. Sorry, you're s-still pretty sore, huh?" "Mhmm..." Fresh finally replied, still trying to assess the situation.

Error scoffs from the couch and continues trying to solve the Rubik's Cube in his hands. He's got one side done, Fresh thinks, his brain finally slowing down enough for him to receive credible information from it. Fresh leaned against the wall, earning a concerned look from Geno, and the world flipped on its axis. It happened in a flash. Geno moved back a mere second before Fresh threw up what he ate from before and covered his eyes as little whimpers of protest and painful, hot tears escaped from him. It was a bad idea to leave his room; he just wanted m- "Shhhhh..." Fresh felt himself being pulled up and pressed against something soft and warm, wiping tears off of his face. "M-mom, what's wrong with F-Fresh?" Geno asked about to start crying himself. "I think just getting up and moving so suddenly was the cause of that, sorry sweetie," CQ answered, rubbing small circles on Fresh's small back.

"Hey, how about we watch a movie?" CQ proposed, already getting an excited response from Geno. Error just shrugged, and Fresh didn't react. CQ sat down and chose a movie with Geno and Error, Fresh still resting on her shoulder. About thirty minutes into the film, soft snoring could be heard. CQ excused herself, and tucked Fresh into his bed, and slowly shut the door, whispering, "Sweet dreams...!" But 'sweet' was all he didn't get.