'Eyes are the window to the soul'

It had been 3 days since the crash. Fresh had been kept in the hospital because of his unsure condition. He had been silent, not eating, and just generally out of it. Ink was a train wreck, Geno was still on life support, and Error wouldn't leave his side. Meanwhile, CQ and Alaina were watching over Fresh, Geno and Error, trying not to think about the daunting due dates of the comics they were doing. Comyet was still trying to console her son, who has no hope or faith whatsoever. In other words, this was pretty screwed up.

Calm. It was calm. Still waters, thoughts stagnant. All that mattered was existing. Fresh continued to think about this, hovering between states of consciousness. It was nice, not having to think about anything. Just... Existing. Light, a blinding light filled Fresh's eye sockets. It burned- as if someone was pouring magma into his skull. And directly into his left eye socket. It was unbearable. The vision went dark in his left eye socket, and he felt as is something was chewing on his soul.
Something wasn't right. Fresh heard an outside voice, too detached and frantic to be his own. He felt his head being lifted up by familiar hands. He was skeptical, struggling a bit in the firm grip. "Stay still Fresh, honey!" It was CQ. "M-Mom I can't-" "Shhh, it's alright honey I'm here." Fresh calmed down a bit, now that the pain has receded. But there was still a strong aching in his skull, one he just- couldn't explain. Fresh squeezed CQ, he would try and sort this out later.

"That- That's impossible." Fresh woke up to CQ's voice, but he never remembered falling asleep. "His vision's just... Gone?" The other voices were fuzzy. "We are sure it is only temporary. His soul is trying to block out what is hurting it, and that may have been his sight." "Maybe you didn't do the test right- No, I don't want to hear it, try again, please." She sounded desperate. Fresh's eye sockets were invaded by cold- ironic, as he had felt burning pain merely hours before. The cold stayed for a while, and Fresh grew used to it. However, there was a slight sting when the cold left his eye sockets. "...Still the same?" Static. "I see," Fresh flinched as he was picked up.
Fresh knew almost immediately it was his mother, "Mom?" But he asked just to be sure. "It's going to be okay." CQ squeezed Fresh tightly, and he was slightly confused. There was some sort of burning in his chest, the other cold feeling trying to grasp it. It made him reflexively frown, and his eye sockets burned. Just when he thought the magma pain was returning, hot tears fell from his eye sockets. He was confused, so very confused, too much was happening in such a short amount of time...
CQ felt something wet hit her shoulder, she flinched a bit before moving Fresh back into her field of vision. "S-sweetie?" Fresh is crying a bit, and it is quite the scene. He is quite flustered, his sockets dark except for his left one, which has a small upside down heart. CQ stared in wonder at it. It was slightly unsettling. "M-Mom? Are you still here?" Fresh was a bit panicky, his smile still not returning, as his bone-brows furrowed. "I'm here sweetie, I'm here."

It had been a while since then, Fresh had been released from the hospital, his emotions seemed to be returning, Ink was beginning to feel better about this situation, and Error hadn't crashed in a week. Sadly, nothing had changed for Geno. In fact, he seemed to be getting worse. Everything about him was getting worse. In the occasional instances that he woke up, it was only for him to stare into space, not acknowledging anyone or anything.
Fresh clung to CQ as she walked through the parking lot, towards the hospital. The automated doors slid open, a small puff of cool air spilling out into the hot temperature outside. Fresh and CQ walk in, silent as the medicinal smell filled their lungs. It was all too familiar.
They walked up to the receptionist and told them who they were, the receptionist allowing them to proceed without further hesitations. Fresh pushed up his sunglasses and listened to the sounds around him. For whatever reason, his sight still had not returned, and now he could only really trust his other senses.
"Hey, Fresh honey?" "Yup?" "You've been silent for a while, are you alright?" "No, I'm not," Is what he ached to say, but he could hear the tiredness in his mother's voice, and thought otherwise. "Yeah, I'm just a bit all up 'n Diggity darn nervous." Even with his new emotions, his lingo still sounded the same. That was a strange form of relief. When they walked into Geno's room, Fresh felt something tug at his soul. Sadness.
With the help of muscle (bone?) memory, Fresh walked up to Geno and gently grabbed his hand. Something went wrong.

Geno was fine, with cracks on his skull, but, he was smiling. It was back to normal, but back in the hospital. Laughing, smiling and just talking. Calm. Wait, Fresh could see? It was perfect. CQ, Alaina, Aunt Com, and everyone else. Something went wrong. Geno's skull fell to pieces,

A fever quickly scampered through Fresh.

No, no, no, no... This was all wrong... Please no... Geno turned to dust right in front of Fresh. Tears. Darkness.

Fresh woke up with a start. "Fresh?" "Mom? Where all up are we?" "I was going back home because you were getting sleepy, don't you remember?" Fresh felt his face contort in confusion. "No...?" "I'm sure you'll remember sweetie." "...Okay." Fresh had a lot of questions, but surely they could wait for after a nap. They still had a while 'till they got home.

//this one is kinda short, sorry >~<

Edit: i say as he other chapters have like 500 words--