Stop Skull-king around

(oh beejeebus-)

Error screamed, as he no longer felt Geno's hand in his. He reached out in vain, glitches clouding his vision as he saw Ink move out the way-- for a much, much worse outcome.

The sound was sickening. Crunching and screeching at the truck reared to a halt, all too late. A loud beeping sound filed the area as Error crashed, staring at his brother, bone scattered around him, which was part of half of his own skull. Ink stared, his once colorful eye sockets blank, at Geno, who was trembling on the asphalt, blood leaking from the humongous hole in his skull. Ink hadn't come out with too many scratches, but Geno- holy crap. (sorry too much?)

Aunt Com didn't waste any time. She ran across the road and picked Geno up, holding his small, broken frame close to hers. She speed-dialed 911 on her smart phone and began to cradle Geno, willing him to stay awake. His scarf lay a yard or two away, and the truck driver picked it up, running back over to the scene, apologizing over and over again. Comyet shushed the driver, she knew that that was impolite, but she really didn't have the time. There were currently three kids that needed her immediate attention, and she wouldn't let either one of them down.

She scooped Geno up, keeping him steady in one arm, and went to go check on Ink. Ink was in shock. He didn't say a word when he was picked up, not when he was hastily carried back over the road, and not even when he was sat down next to Comyet, who cradled both Error and Geno, wrapping up Geno's wound in the scarf, hoping it'll do something. Anything. Fortunately, it wasn't long before the Ambulance arrived.

It wasn't much better at the hospital. After his screaming fit, Fresh had gone completely silent. He wouldn't respond to his mother, the doctor, some nurses, his game beeping across the room, Decans, Noko, or Alaina. He had just curled up in a ball on top of his bed and refused to open up. CQ sat across from Fresh, staring worriedly. She opened her mouth to speak, but only a slight squeak escaped. She cleared her throat and tried again.

"Fresh," CQ's voice was sterner than she intended, and Fresh's ball flinched. "What's wrong?" She decided to take the stern approach. He didn't answer. He was feeling... something. And he didn't like it. Maybe, just maybe, if he shut it out long enough, it would go away. He felt he wasn't thinking rationally, but his panic was clouding his reason. Maybe it was easier that way.

Geno had a broken arm, several fractured ribs, and had lost half of his skull. No one was sure if he would survive this ordeal. Everyone was taking it horribly. Ink was probably taking it the worse. "H-Hey mom?" "Yes, honey?" "Do y-you think Geno and Error w-will be okay?" "...I'm not sure about Geno, Ink..." "Oh... D-do you think t-they'll hate me?" "No, of course not! Why would you think that?" "If I hadn't gone in the road n-none of that would've h-happened." "I don't think Error would hate you, and I'm pretty sure Geno's incapable of it." Comyet chuckled softly, lightening the mood by just a tad. "What about Fresh?" Comyet went silent for several seconds, before pulling Ink into a hug. "We'll just have to see..."

CQ had left Fresh's room, hoping he would open up a little later. At the moment she was with Error and Geno. Error was covered in glitches and doused in worry. Geno was currently being hooked up to life support 'just in case'. CQ sat down covering her face. What in the world was she supposed to do now?