Hate kills

I just wanna thank @Humannightmare12 and @FanFictionCreature for the wonderful ideas. Thank you so much you two! <3

-----

Fresh woke up like usual, the typical darkness clouding his vision, making him wonder if he had opened his eyes or not. After a couple of seconds put toward orienting himself, he turned around and hopped off his bed, patting his dresser for his shades. They clinked as they fell to the floor, and Fresh sighed as he kneeled to feel for them again. When he finally found them, he smiled, pressing them to his face and waiting for his magic to click them into place. Feeling the familiar ping of magic, Fresh scaled the wall of his bedroom and headed for the door. He let out a muffled whine when he ran into it, reflexively grabbing the doorknob and opening the door. It almost hit him in the face, but he stepped back in the nick of time. He slipped through the hallway, waiting till he felt the biting cold of the tile floor against his feet.
Reaching for the cup he knew was there, Fresh stood on his tip-toes, grabbing the cup of water and gulping it down. In a matter of seconds, he was finished, letting out a sigh of contentment.
"Fresh?" A tired voice spoke for somewhere behind him.
"Yeah ma?" CQ sighed as his reply confirmed her theory. Steps were approaching Fresh, light but full of purpose. Fresh pushed the fear away that came when CQ or anyone actually, picked him up. There he was, completely defenseless. Blind, weak, small and held tightly in that person's arms.
"Honey, it's four in the morning. Why are you up?" Fresh thought about a plausible reason, squirming a bit in his mother's arms.
"I was just thirsty." Fresh mumbled. CQ stared at Fresh for a while, and just when it began to get uncomfortable, she set him down, holding his hand.
"Okay, sweetie. Let's get you back to bed."

.

.

.

Fresh closed his eyes, not that it made any difference, and began to drift off to sleep.

Fresh's dreams were the same as usual, except slightly warped. The colors were mixed up, and certain things just weren't there. He guessed that's what happens when you don't see anything for a while. You begin to forget what you saw in the first place. Fresh looked at his dream hands. They were less detailed, but he could still tell they were his. It scared him to think about when he couldn't. Regardless, Fresh took a deep breath and popped out his Heelies. At least he still remembered how to use them.
Fresh thought-- happy to have a lucid dream-- while he skated along with his Heelies. It was nice to see again, and this was his safe haven. No mean words or aggressiveness from Error, Geno would forever be alive in here, and Decans or Mom or anyone really would never be mad or sad or hurt in any way. Fresh wished that real life could be more like this place.

-

-

-

Fresh opened his eyes and sat up. Someone was crying. Mom was crying. Fresh swung himself over his bed, oblivious to the light streaming through the window. Fresh ran right into the door this time, falling backward and rubbing his skull. "Mom? What's wrong?" Fresh shouted, fear beginning to build up in his chest. The door creaked open and Fresh froze as he heard a glitchy grunt. There was a cracking noise as Fresh was punched right in the jaw. Tears began to flow freely from his eye sockets, and Error pulled him up by the collar of his pajamas.
"Like you would care! You j-jerk!" Error shouted in Fresh's face. Glitches flocked to Error's eyes as he punched his brother repeatedly. It wasn't long before the blows slowed and weakened. "You idiot. You freak. I hate you." The anger in Error's voice was raw and hateful, the same as the first time Fresh had said he didn't care. Fresh shivered in his tight ball, every bone screaming at him to run as Error spoke, softer, but still chock full of rage. "I hate you."

.

.

.

Fresh felt broken. Something inside him was broken, and he was sure it couldn't be fixed. What had broken him? Fresh wasn't sure. Was it Error breaking him physically, or Geno's death breaking him mentally? Fresh wasn't sure, and honestly, he didn't care. He didn't remember how long he had cried, no, sobbed. But he didn't have emotions anymore. All he had was the heat and pain. The heat that ravaged his bones until only the barest amount of magic was left, and the pain that followed it. Fresh kind of understood how Decans felt now. He couldn't help wondering how his best friend had lived like this for his entire life, even when he had met Fresh. Being so fragile. The slightest touch being able to bruise you. Fresh closed his eyes, trying to block you everything. He'd done it once, and he could do it again. It wasn't that hard once you had closed off your heart.

~

~

~

Decans twiddled his thumbs nervously in the car. His mom had agreed to drive him to the hospital to see Fresh. He still couldn't believe it. Geno was gone, and his best friend might go too. Decans sniffled, trying to keep the tears threatening to leave him inside. His mom glanced at him and placed a light hand on his shoulder. It had gotten easier at their house since Decans' dad went away. His Mom said he went to the Bahamas, but Decans knew what had happened. In all honesty, he was glad.
Noko pulled up to the hospital and parked the car. She looked at Decans searching for any sign that he wanted to back out. When all she could find was his caring determination, she smiled and turned off the car. Noko got out first and helped Decans out, both of them silent. This, however, was a comfortable silence; One that spoke of resilience. Unfortunately, it was also one that crumbled the second they walked into the hospital.
"U-um Fresh Queen." Decans murmured, noticing the nurse's surprise.
"Of course, right this way." Decans and Noko nodded, following the lady. Not that Decans needed to since he'd been here with CQ and them enough to visit-- oh. Oh no. Don't think of that. "Not n-now..." Decans whispered to himself, trying his very hardest not to curl up and cry his eye lights out. Noko noticed and gently pulled him into the nearest room.
"Are you okay?" She whispered wiping the tears from Decans' eyes.
"Y-yeah." He whispered back. Noko smiled and stood up completely.
"Honey...? Is that you?" A voice asked weakly from the other side of the room. Decans and Noko blushed and left the room immediately. It didn't take long for the two of them to catch back up to the nurse-- in good time. The nurse stopped and let them into a plain room except for an inspirational cat poster with sunglasses on the far wall. Fresh's glasses and propeller hat were on the bedside table, along with his Gameboy, heelys, and two furbies, which was strange because Decans remembered him having only one. Decans shook the thought from his mind and approached the bed. CQ began to stir, Noko placing a hand on her shoulder. CQ glanced up, calm as she looked at Noko. Soon, she drifted back to a light sleep.
Decans took a deep breath and moved to shake Fresh's shoulder lightly.
"Don't touch me." Fresh hissed, both in fear and misplaced anger. Decans pulled away, tears filling his eye sockets as he spun on his heel and ran out of the room. Noko seemed torn for a moment before running after her son. This was definitely unexpected.