Trust

Jimin's eyelids fluttered heavily as he opened them. There was a slight pain still ghosting over his side when he moved to sit up but it was no comparison to the initial feeling. Someone had wrapped a thick bandage around his waist that kept a wet towel and some medical cream securely in place. He grazed the wound with his finger and felt the warmth beneath the bandage pulsating, a strange feeling that he had luckily never experienced before. When he sat up further he soon realized that he was in his and Yoongi's bed, the sheets wrapped comfortingly around his body. He was wearing one of Yoongi's pyjamas and the scent that still lingered to the clothing was even more comforting than the secureness of the bed.

Almost expecting to not be alone, Jimin turned his head only to find his side empty. As he brushed his fingertips over the surface it he recognized it was cool, which meant that he had been alone for quite some time. The question what the time was crept up into his mind until it almost got unbearable. Judging from the sun it could honestly be any time of the day; the rays were shining through the immense windows with ease, warming up the inside of their house. When he turned his head once more, Jimin found something he didn't expect to begin with; a whole bunch of presents and flowers.

A small smile was ghosting over his plump lips when he stretched out his hand for one of the three bouquets. After looking them all up he found that one was from Tae, one from Yoongi and one... from Jungkook. Apologies were written down on the paper that was attached to Jungkook's present, mentioning something about being sorry that he lost control again. Jimin didn't quite understand what the younger meant, his memories were just a blurry line from the moment that he got shot. All he could remember were Jungkook's arms around him as he carried Jimin out of the snakebite-building. The smile returned at the warm memory and Jimin made a note in his mind to thank Jungkook later on.

For now though it was time to get up. As soon as Jimin had lifted himself on his feet, it felt like the world was doing a 90-degree turn and he stumbled against the nightstand in a haze. Painfully close to the abyss of the weirdly constructed building, Jimin clutched hardly at the doorframe that led him to the stairs. The walk downstairs was like a war, his legs almost feeling as if the last time he had walked was a year ago. But the feeling of success afterwards was proportionately huge.

As soon as he reached the ground floor and entered the living room he was greeted by shouts; "He's awake Hallelujah!"

Tae was running towards him, practically slamming himself against Jimin's weak body, "We thought you were in a coma!"

"How long did I sleep?" Jimin asked, voice still heavy from the tiredness.

"About three days", Jungkook approached him and immediately squeezed him into a tight hug, "we were so worried..."

Jimin was startled by the touch at first but soon gave in to it, rubbing his hand against Jungkook's back in a comforting manner. Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon were there too, leaving only one member to miss, "Where's Yoongi?" Jimin asked when Hoseok pulled him into a hug as well.

Tae gave Jimin a smug grin, while he leaned against Jungkook, "he's completely out of his mind, hasn't talked to anyone at all."

Namjoon nodded with a small smile, "he was at your bed the whole time, not even once closing an eye."

"I had to bring food upstairs to him", Jin sighed and shook his head, "not to mention take over the responsibility of handling the gang."

A warm feeling was spreading through Jimin's chest at the things he heard and the imaginations that followed. Yoongi had been watching over him? The whole time? Jimin would've liked to say he was surprised but honestly... he wasn't. After all he would've done the same for Yoongi. His fingers found their way to wrap around the small ring hanging around his neck. There was a bit of blood painted on the surface, probably from the fights and his own wounds and he quickly wiped it away with his clothes.