Chapter 5: A New Begining

'What are you doing?' 'What! They like this song. They can hear everything right?' I hear voices around me, and Lady GaGa's Poker Face, which is quite strange. My eyelids are heavy, but I need to know where I am. When I open my eyes I am greeted by a harsh white light. I let out a groan.

'Caitlin, did you here that' 'She's waking up.' Okay, I guess the female voice must be called Caitlin. I open my eyes again to see a young woman with long, brown hair and a young man with shoulder length, black hair. 'Hi there! I'm Cisco Ramon, that's Caitlin 'Dr. Snow' and you are in S.T.A.R Labs'. 'Wh- What?' I spluttered out. Then everything came back to me. The particle accelerator, the storm, Barry, BARRY! Oh my goodness, Barry was struck by lightning to! I sat up in bed quickly and scanned the room, panicking slightly.

'Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, it's okay. Barry is next to you see.' Sure enough Barry was next to me, eyes closed. 'He is in a coma, just like you were' Caitlin explained. 'For how long?' I asked. '9 months Ms. Allen. Welcome back' Just then I saw Harrison Wells wheel into the room. 'We have a lot to talk about' he said. 'Can we talk later' I ask. Barry is still in a freakin' coma, and I don't know if he will wake up. 'Of course Ms. Allen' Wells says to me as he wheels off.

'I'm just going to run a few tests on you Ashlynn. Don't worry, they won't hurt' said Caitlin. I then sat on my bed whilst Caitlin ran the tests. 'Will Barry wake up?' I asked. 'We're not sure yet, but seeing as you woke up after the same experience happened to him, he should wake up soon' she reassured me. 'He always had a thing for tardiness' I said which earned a laugh from Cisco. I think we will become good friends. 'Hey Ashlynn, any song requests?' Cisco asked. 'Ehm, could you put on 'Wake me up'? It seems suitable for the situation that we're in' I said with a chuckle. 'On it' Cisco replied. 'Lollipop?' he offered. 'No thanks' I declined.

About halfway into the song, there was a loud gasp. I turned to see where it came from. It was Barry. 'Barry!' I exclaimed. 'Ashlynn? Where are we?' he asked, clearly confused. 'Caitlin! He's up!' Cisco cried. Caitlin bustled in and started running tests on Barry. 'Who are you?' Barry asked. 'I'm Cisco Ramon and that's Caitlin 'Dr.Snow'. You're at S.T.A.R Labs dude!' 'S.T.A.R Labs, what?' Barry said. 'Barry, you were struck by lightning' I said softly. Barry got up and looked in the mirror. 'Lightning.... Gave me abs?' Barry said, confused. 'Both you and Ashlynn's cells are in a constant state of regeneration.' Caitlin pointed out. 'Is that normal?' I asked. 'No it is not Ms. Allen. Mr Allen, welcome back. Shall we go know for that chat' It was Wells. 'Come on' I whispered to Barry.

'Hold on, we were struck by lightning, that was caused by your particle accelerator, which put both of us in a 9 month coma, and we ended up here?' Barry said. 'That is right Mr.Allen' Wells said. 'Wow' was all I managed to say. 'Well, we best get going' said Barry. 'What?, No. You need to stay here so we can run more tests!' Caitlin exclaimed. 'We feel fine don't we Ash?' 'Yes we do. Thanks for saving our lives' I said. We then turned to leave when Barry realised he was wearing a S.T.A.R Labs sweatshirt. 'One sec' he says. 'Okay'. A minute later he was back. 'Jitters?' I asked. 'Definitely' Barry replied. 'I need to see Iris' he said. 'Yeah, me to' I replied. It was time to see Iris after 9 months.