Chapter 11: Caught in a Heist

When I get to S.T.A.R Labs, I see Caitlin and Cisco there. I have no idea where Barry or Dr Wells is. I was kinda disappointed. I wanted to apologise to Barry for storming off. "Where's Barry?" I asked. "His day job beckoned" Cisco said with a smirk. "I think I might get some work done as I have nothing else to do." I sit down at a desk and started to do some maths homework. I was looking forward to this afternoon. I was to go to the CCPD and meet Iris and Barry there so we could head out to an event. Simon Stagg was to be given an award on his work in cellular regeneration. Iris was to go to get some information for her article while Barry explained the science stuff to her. I just wanted to come for the science and to stop Barry from boring Iris to death. I looked at the time. It was 1:45 pm, and I was meant to meet Iris at the CCPD in 10 minutes. "Sugar!" I exclaimed and ran back to Joe's to get changed. You'd think that with super speed you would be on time more often. Unfortunately, my super speed is neutralised with super tardiness. I go into my room and grab a light blue, knee length dress which leaves my shoulders uncovered. It also has a sweetheart neckline. I put on a small pair of white heels and some earrings. I finish it off with letting my hair down and putting on a pearl necklace that used to be my mom's. I then took off to run to the CCPD when I was hit by another dizzy spell. I had to grab my bookshelf to steady myself. Then, I ran to the CCPD, which I was surprised to be able to do with my heels on.

I met with Iris at the CCPD. She was talking to Joe. "Ashlynn! You look amazing!" Iris said. "You look incredible too" I reply. "Shall we head up to the lab?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's forgotten about it" Iris said. We were right. Barry had forgotten all about the award ceremony. "How fast can you go home and change?" Iris asked him. "Pretty fast" he says as he shoots me a smile.

We finally reach the place where Simon Stagg would receive his award. We were waiting in this hall for about 10 minutes, chatting to each other when Simon Stagg appeared with his award. Everyone applauded. "Thank you" he began. "I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now, the regent's choice for man of the year. While I appreciate the award, the real honour is knowing my work in cellular regeneration is giving people a second chance at life. Thank you" he said before walking off the stage. "Right, Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has lead to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement" Barry explains. "Can reporters drink on the job?" Iris asks as she grabs two glasses of champagne for Barry and herself. "If you're bored now Iris, just wait till he starts explaining the science behind cellular regeneration" I say as Iris starts laughing. "I've missed this guys" Iris says. Then Simon Stagg walks past us. "Mr Stagg, could I get a quote from you for my article?" "Not now miss" a security guard says as he walks off with Stagg. "Eh, I'll just make something up." Iris says. Barry and I start laughing.

Just then, I heard gunshots go off. Everyone ducked down except for Barry, Iris and I. There was a gang of about 6 men, all masked and holding guns. "How considerate!" one of the masked men says. "You're all wearing your finest jewellery. It's almost like you knew we were going to rob you! Line up!" I looked over to Barry and Iris. Barry was going to charge at the guy, but Iris held him back. I clutched my pearl necklace. There was no way I would give this up. "Fr-Freeze!" I hear someone say. It's a security guard. There was no way he would win against all those men. I hear more gunshots. I turn my head to see Barry whisk the security guard away. The masked men started to run, but I sped after them. I followed them outside but then I was hit by a huge dizzy spell. I saw them getting into a black car before the world went black.

"Ash. Ash. ASHLYNN!" I jumped up at the mention of my full name. Barry and Iris were standing over me with worried expressions. "Are you okay? I looked over and both of you were gone" Iris says. "I went after them to get the plate for Barry and Joe, and then, I guess I fainted" I say. "Well I'm glad you're okay" Barry says. We headed out to the hall where the police were. Joe and Eddie were there. "Ashlynn, are you okay? Iris told me you passed out" Joe says. "Do you need a medic Ashlynn?" Eddie asks. "No, no. I'm good" I reply. "One minute I was here, then the next, whoosh! I was outside! I have no idea how I got there" said the security guard to another cop. "Barry, Ashlynn, will you come over here for a minute" Joe says. We walk over to him. "You went after those gunmen today, didn't you?" Joe says blankly. "It was the gang from the gun shop robbery today Joe" Barry says. "I saved the security guard then went out after Ashlynn where I found her passed out on the ground" "Ashlynn, what the hell were you thinking going after those gun men? What were you going to do when you caught them huh? Ask them to pull over? You're not bulletproof, and neither is Barry.... Wait, are you?" "No" I mutter. "Chasing bad guys isn't your job, it's mine. No more heroics, you're not cops" Joe says. "Can't guarantee anything" I mutter before walking off before I get grounded. Sometimes Joe can really get on my nerves. Barry runs up to me. "Ashlynn, I think you should head to S.T.A.R Labs and get checked over by Caitlin. We don't know why you fainted" Barry says. "Have you been getting dizzy spells as well? I ask. He pauses for a moment. "Yeah, I have. Let's head to S.T.A.R Labs."

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay in uploading. I was kinda stuck on the story and I didn't know where I wanted to go with it. But it's here now! Thanks for reading!
-Cherry