Chapter 8: The Flash and...

"Barry, you can be called 'The Flash', whilst Ashlynn, you can be called..."

"Skid!" Cisco cries, overjoyed. "Why Skid?" I ask confused. "Well, you skid around the place after running, and it can stand for Speed Kid as well. That's how you get Skid!" Cisco explained. "I guess we're superheroes now Barry" I say. "That does not give you permission to quit your day jobs" Dr Wells interjects. " Speaking of jobs, I'd better get back to the CCPD" Barry muttered, and sped away. "Does this mean I still have to go to school?" I complain. "Yes Ms. Allen, it does." Dr Wells explained. "Oh come on, let me be home schooled! I'll come here everyday and do my school work, and you guys can help me with it if I need help. Please let me be home schooled!' I begged. "That is not our decision to make, it is your fathers"
"I guess that means trying to convince him then" I complained. "See ya guys" I said before speeding out of the room.

It was now turning 6:00 pm and I was sitting in the living room, waiting for Joe to come home. I have to tell him this. Joe and I have had a very close relationship for as long as I can remember, and I can't lie to him. Then I hear the door click. Joe's home. "Hey Ash, how was your day?" he asks. "Fine, I guess" I reply. Then I start twisting my hair round my finger, something I do when I'm anxious. "Something bothering you Ash?" Joe asks. I take a deep breath in. "Joe, after I was struck by lightning, something happened to me. I don't know how exactly to explain it, so I'll show you" Just then I sped off to the fridge, grabbed Joe a beer and sat on the sofa. "I can now...kinda.....run really fast." I said quietly. "Wait, why did this happen? And did this happen to Barry as well?" Joe asked. I hesitated for a moment. Barry's secret was not mine to share, so I answered. "I don't know how this happened or if Barry has the same powers as me, but I thought that I should tell you sooner rather than later." "I'm glad you did Ash. Wow, this is quite hard to take in." Joe said, shocked. "If it makes you feel better, the people at S.T.A.R Labs have offered to train me so my powers are more controllable. Plus, they offered to teach me there so I wouldn't have to go to school anymore. I will be schooled by the best scientific minds in all of Central City! Please Joe, let me do this. Please?" I say the last part with my puppy dog eyes, which Joe can't resist. "Okay, fine. You can do.... whatever you're doing at S.T.A.R Labs, but if you fall behind on school work, you're outta there, got it?" Joe says. "Yes Joe, thank you so much" I run up to him and give him a hug. "Just don't tell Iris or do anything dangerous okay?" "I won't" I reply. Little did I know that was easier said than done.

Okay, I know that the Flash doesn't get his name right away, but this is my story, so I can do what I like. Things won't be exactly like the Flash storyline but I will follow it closely, just with my own twists. Thanks for reading! -Cherry