Chapter 13: Captain Clone

After we had drained our IV bags, Barry headed back to the CCPD to get some work done, so I was by myself at S.T.A.R Labs. Cisco was also there, tinkering with something. "Hey Cisco" I call. "Yeah?" "Wanna watch a movie with me?" I ask. "Ash, sweet innocent Ashlynn, when do I say no to a movie?" Cisco remarked. I laugh as I grabbed my bag. "I have Pitch Perfect, all the Harry Potter movies and Beauty and the Beast, what do you wanna watch?" I ask. These are my all time favourite movies. "Put on the first HP movie Ash" Cisco said. I grabbed some popcorn and we sat down to watch the movie.

We were just getting to the end when I got a text from Barry. It read:
Get to Stagg Industries NOW
I got up, grabbed my suit and raced to Stagg Industries. I saw Barry trying to get Joe and Simon Stagg to leave. It wasn't working, so I whisked them out of there and joined Barry again. "Give it up now!" Barry says to three men who look exactly the same. "We won't stop until Simon Stagg is dead" they all say in unison. Then they started to attack Barry and I. I punched one of the guys and then he did something I was not expecting. He multiplied! I paused, shocked. Then about 6 of them ganged up on me and started beating the living daylight out of me. I felt blood running down my face. I couldn't see Barry. I backed up into a corner. They all took their guns out and aimed them at me. I was stuck, I was frozen with fear. Then, when I thought I was dead, Barry came and whisked me outside. He dropped me to the ground as he hung onto a fence, trying to regain his balance. "Thanks for the pleasant dismount" I say jokingly. Barry doesn't seem pleased with my joke. "For real? You could have died! And you want to joke about it? I've lost Mom, I've lost Dad, I can't...." Barry trails off. I know what he was going to say. He ran a hand through his hair, something he always did when he was stressed. "Sorry" he said. "I'm just dealing with a lot right now. Let's head back to S.T.A.R Labs" he says.

Back at S.T.A.R Labs, Caitlin was cleaning some of Barry's cuts. "Ahh" he said as Caitlin put a cotton bud with antiseptic on it. "Sorry, you're cuts are healing rapidly. So are yours Ashlynn" Caitlin said. She was right, most of my cuts had disappeared. "I got my ass handed to me" said Barry. "Hey, if you weren't there I would have been killed" I say. "You got blood on my suits" Cisco said. "I think some of it belongs to him" Barry said. "Another not so friendly meta-human." "Danton Black" Wells began. "He's a bio-geneticist specialised in therapeutic cloning. Apparently Stagg stole his research and then fired him" "We saw Black create duplicates of himself from his own body" I say. "Huh, that's ironic. He specialised in cloning and now he can clone himself" Cisco said. "Guys, meet Captain Clone" Cisco announced. "Seriously Cisco, you can do so much better than that" I said. "Yeah, you're right" he agrees. Just then Barry gets up to leave. "Where are you going?" I ask him. "Joe was right, we're way over our heads. Yeah, we're fast, but we aren't soldiers! We could barely fight one meta human, let alone six!" Barry said. "I know today was a set back, but any grand enterprise has them. No one can learn to fly without crashing a few times" Wells explains. "This isn't a grand enterprise, Dr Wells. This was a mistake. And Ashlynn and I are leaving before Ashlynn, or me gets killed. C'mon Ash" Barry says. I just stare at him. He turns and walks out the door. "He has a point" I say as I grab my stuff  and heads towards the door. "Thanks guys" I say as I head out the door after Barry.

Barry and I headed back home. The journey home was a quiet one. As we got in the door I went and sat on the sofa. "You okay?" Barry asks as he sits down beside me. It's just us two in the house. Joe and Iris are both at work. I snuggle close to Barry. "I dunno how to feel, to be honest. You're right though. I almost died today. I'm only 15. And I can't imagine what would happen if I lost you" I pause. "But on the other hand, I love the feeling I get when I'm running, saving people. I just don't know what to think right now." "I know it's hard Ash." Barry says. "But it's the right decision" I snuggle closer into Barry and he rubs my back. "C'mon, let's order some pizza and have a movie night" "As long as I get to choose the movie" I say. "When has anyone other than you chosen a movie for movie night?"  Barry says jokingly. I laugh. "Let's order some pizza, I'm starving!" I exclaimed. We settled down, ordered some pizza and cuddled up on the sofa together. As the movie was ending I turned to Barry. He had fallen asleep during the movie. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me and him. I snuggled up to him. "I love you Barry" I whisper before finally giving into sleep myself.

Third Person P.O.V
When Joe came into the house that night he saw the movie playing on the tv. He headed over to the sofa where he was greeted with the sight of his two adopted children, sleeping on the sofa with each other. He smiled softly to himself. He turned off the tv and went over to the sleeping Allens. He brushed a loose piece of Ashlynn's hair out of her face. "Good night kids" Joe said as he switched of the light and headed upstairs to bed.

So that's the end of this chapter. All the interactions between Ashlynn and Barry are all because of sibling love. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you have any ideas you would like to see in this story, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading! -Cherry