Chapter 3 || Part 1

Cairnholm, Wales. Those two things kept racing through my mind. With every creak of the floorboard or door that opens I get terrified, scared that a hollow was here to kill me. And that bird, that bird is still a mystery to me. I need to find out how I can get into the loop but I'm scared that if I read more of the diary I'll get even more terrified than I already am.

I hear a loud bang, I twist my head to my door and strain my ears. I hear the floorboards creak with every footstep of that person's feet.

 I hear the floorboards creak with every footstep of that person's feet

My door flies open and I see my mom. I let out a breath, I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until I finally breathed out.

"Honey, your father and I were thinking about going on a trip for a while, just say something to us if you know where you want to go." And with that, she walks back out the door. I let out a chuckle. Wow, convenient. I won't question it but still how convenient.

I open my nightstand and grab the diary from the drawer. After I put the diary in my lap I close the drawer and open the diary on the next entry page.

December 29th, 1975

Dear diary,

I am currently in Cairnholm, Wales. I have to go to the loop entrance, but first I have to convince my parents to let me explore the island. The loop is located near the beach in a crack in the wall. I know that my mother doesn't really care where we go, but my father wants to go exploring with all of us. I can't go through the loop if we all enter it I think, I don't want to risk it. And even if it works, I think my parents will get suspicious if I suddenly disappear right in front of their eyes. I just have to figure out how I can access the loop without my parents.

Bye,
Eleanor.

I go downstairs and see my parents sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Mom, dad, I decided on where I want to go."

"Oh good, well what do you have in mind?" My mom smiles at me.

"Cairnholm, Wales."

"Are you sure? I thought you'd want to go somewhere like the Bahamas or Haiti, somewhere warm and not somewhere cold and boring." My dad looks confused but my mom looks quite pleased with my answer.

"Yes, I'm sure." I kiss my mom on her cheek. And walk back to my room feeling better than I have been in a while. I quickly walk back and pop my head out the door and ask.

"When are we leaving?"

"In a few days probably." My mother looks over to my father as she's saying it.

"I get that, but when?"

"What's the rush? I mean do you have something that you need from there, or-" I quickly cut off my mom.

"No I'm just excited and I want to get out there and go exploring."

"Okay, well how's next week?" My father asks while he looks over to my mother.

"Perfect." I quickly walk to my room before anyone can say anything more. And close the door leaning back on it.

I look at the diary on my nightstand and do something I haven't done in a long time. I smile a real genuine happy smile.

I run over to my bed and grab the diary and read another entry

December 29th, 1975

Dear diary,

My parents finally let me go exploring, I can finally go to the loop, I can't wait to meet everyone. I'm writing this part quickly because I am just over the moon with happiness. A new chapter in my life will begin. Before I forget I had the scariest thing happen. I saw a hollow and a wight. I was terrified but luckily they didn't see me looking at them. I know what you are thinking. The hollows are invisible you can't see them. But I have a way of knowing if one is near me, the voices tell me, they said for example, 'The monster is standing next to the tree.' I was mortified by the thought of it being that close to me. I pretended like I didn't know it was there but I was terrified. It's weird when I think about the fact that I'm in 1975 and in a few hours I will be in 1943. I will travel 32 years back in the past. Well, I will continue writing when I am in the house.

Bye,
Eleanor

I'm able to know where the monsters are.