Chapter 8

Enamor
[ih-nam-er]

Verb,
to fall or inflame with love.

_______________________________

It was a normal day, I got out of bed, I brushed my teeth, I dressed myself and went downstairs to the dining room for breakfast.

I've been in the loop for 6 months now, and I feel a lot better than I felt before I joined the loop, I made friends who understood that life wasn't as easy as it is for normal people.

I hear light footsteps behind me and I turn to look over my shoulder, I see Bronwyn, Millard, Hugh, Fiona, and the twins running behind me, playing a game of tag. The six of them became like little siblings to me. I loved them with my entire heart and I knew that I would do anything for them just to make sure that they were safe.

That goes for everyone in the loop, but I just see them in different ways. I see the twins, Millard, Hugh and Horace as my little brothers. Fiona, Bronwyn, and Claire as my little sisters. Olive and Emma are like my sisters but also my best friends.

But then there's Enoch. Enoch is a whole different story. I don't know what I feel exactly for him, but I know that he's my best friend and that I have feelings for him that go beyond the feelings people have for their best friends.

"Careful Bronwyn, put him down, please." I saw Bronwyn pick up one of the twins and immediately felt a protective instinct rise up in me. "Sorry, Adelaide" Bronwyn looked a little deflated when I said that to her, I knew immediately that she thought that I was angry at her so I walked over to her and gave her a hug and kiss on her head.

"It's okay, I'm not mad at you, Bronwyn. Just be careful." I picked Bronwyn up and told the others to walk towards the dining room with me. I placed Bronwyn down after we made our way to the dining room. I smile politely at everyone and say good morning to everyone.

I sit down in my chair and I immediately start to eat the food that was on my plate. Everyone made light conversation, and ate their own food. I looked up, after I started to feel full, at Enoch and immediately felt myself start to smile.

"Goodmorning." I smile when I see him immediately break out of his dream. "Morning" He managed to say after he came over his shock. We made light conversation about something I can't even remember anymore.

After we finish breakfast, I start to do my chore. Gathering the used utensils and cleaning them, was my chore. I didn't mind getting that chore because it wasn't that hard or much to do. After I'm done cleaning I walk towards Enoch's room knowing that he would probably be there.

As soon as I enter the room I see Enoch working on a doll. I don't say anything and I just take a seat beside him and I just quietly look at him, and what he's doing. He looks so concentrated on the doll he's currently working on. I smile when I see him squint his eyes a little bit.

After he's done working on the doll, he leans back in his chair and let's out a pleased sigh. I look and see that he finished sewing a doll that was, let's just say that it was very injured and that's an understatement.

Enoch still is a very confusing person to me, but I've grown to like that about him. He cares so much about everyone and even though he doesn't always show it, I can always see it that certain glimmer of protectiveness. He makes me feel safe and normal. Everytime I come near him I feel my heart skip a beat. And I don't ever want to lose that feeling, that feeling reminds me that even if I have voices in my head, I'm still a human at least partially.

I catch myself admiring him and remembering times where I felt terrified of myself and hated myself, and when I wanted to lock everyone away from me, but he wouldn't let me. He would wrap his arms around me and wouldn't let go until I was finished crying about everything that was wrong.

He makes me happy that I'm different, because if I wasn't different I wouldn't have met him. I felt a single tear fall down my cheek at the thought of never meeting him, never going through the loop, never meeting miss Peregrine, never accepting myself for who I am. I reached up and quickly wiped the tear away and push those thoughts away. I was hoping Enoch didn't notice but of course he did.

"Hey, what's wrong. " I shake my head in dismissal of the question and hoped he would drop the question. But of course him being the stubborn person he is reaches out to me and grabs my hands in his and repeats his question.

"I was just thinking about what would have happened if I never went through the loop. I would have never met you guys, I would have never met Emma or Millard or Olive or miss Peregrine or You or anyone else. But if I would have never met you, I would have never learned to accept myself for who I am. And I don't think you realise how much you really mean to me, because you mean so much to me. You're the reason why I'm still here, you kept me from giving up on myself, you made me realise that it's okay to be different, you make me feel happy, comfortable and safe." At the end of my rant I was pretty much sobbing and I saw Enoch smiling softly through my blurry vision.

He cups my cheek with one hand and the other one was stroking circles on the back of my hand. I could tell that he was speechless from what I just admitted to him. But that's another thing I love about him, we can just sit near each other, just looking at each other without having to say anything at all.

I place my free hand on the hand that was placed on my cheek and smile at Enoch. I feel myself leaning towards him and he does the same, soon his lips are placed against mine and I start to smile into the kiss.

A/N
So the long awaited chapter has finally come out, and the reason I was suddenly gone is because my life started to spin out of control, but I think I'm okay now but I can't guarantee fast or many updates but I'll try to update as much as I can. And thank you to everyone that is reading my story, it means the world to me. Thank you for everything to everyone out there that likes my story. And sorry if you see any spelling mistakes, I still need to edit this chapter but I wanted to get this out as fast as I can because you guys deserve and I'll edit this chapter as soon as I can. Thank you for reading <3