Chapter 5 || Part 1

Change
[cheynj]

verb,
To make the form, nature, content, futurecourse, etc, of something different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

_____________________________________

My life is changing from what it used to be. Before all this, I wanted to become a doctor or psychiatrist, and now I don't even know who I am anymore.

I look to my side to check the time but then I realize, I'm not home, I'm in 1943 there are no digital alarm clocks. I look in the nightstand next to my 'new' bed and see a watch lying in there. I grab it and wrap it around my wrist.

I look at the time and see that it's already 6:05. I quickly walk over to the closet and put on the dress. This must've been my grandmother's old room, seeing that my grandmother looked exactly like me and the dress is my size. I put on the shoes that stood next to the closet.

I walk over to the mirror that stood in the corner of the room

I walk over to the mirror that stood in the corner of the room. I look at my reflection and think, this is it, this is my life from now. I look down at my watch and see that it's already 6:10. I open the door and step outside.

The hallway is empty and all that you could hear was the sound of my shoes. I walk towards the dining room but the voices started getting louder again when I walked past the same door, I quickly walk away from it and continued walking to the dining room, but then I realize that Miss Peregrine never showed me where the dining room is, I started walking towards the kitchen instead and maybe I'll bump into someone or I'll find it by accident.

I walked towards the kitchen but didn't see the dining room or anyone else. But when I arrived in the kitchen, I heard Miss Peregrine talking, probably to the other children.

"- I realize that the news is hard, but we have to learn to accept this news." She's probably informing everyone about my grandmother passing away.

"But how and when did this happen?" It's a girl's voice but I don't recognize who's voice it is. I look at my watch and see that it's 6:20, I take in a deep breath and open the door.

I take a step forward and closed the door behind me. I turn my head to the table and see that everyone's heads are turned to me. I don't recognize many people, only Olive, Miss Peregrine and Enoch.

Everyone looks at me with wonder except Enoch he was glaring at me. Miss Peregrine motioned for me to sit in the empty spot next to Olive and the twins. I slowly walk over to the seat and sit down. I look at Olive and give her a small smile, she gives me a small one back.

I look at everyone and everyone just stares at me again except Enoch, he is still glaring at me. Everyone is quiet and just keeps staring at me. Luckily Miss Peregrine said to everyone.

"Children, what have I taught you, staring at someone is rude." Everyone quickly looks away but everyone stays silent. Everyone started eating but suddenly a small voice said.