Chapter Nine

Draco's POV:

"Draky, will you help me with my Potions essay?" Pansy crooned to me Sunday at lunch.

"I guess, but it's got to be fast, I have my own homework to do," I told her, picking up my bag. She linked her arm through mine and led me to the library. Before we were about to turn into the library, she pulled me into an empty classroom. "Pansy, what-"

"We never get to be alone, Draky," she said in a sultry voice, pulling lightly on my tie and pushing me up against the door.

"Pansy, stop-"

"I know you like this," she purred and pressed her body up against mine. "I know you want this."

"I don't want this, Pansy," I told her forcefully.

"Don't lie, Draco," she growled while untying my tie.

"No, Pansy," I said angrily, pushing her off of me. Pansy has tried things like this on me before, and sure maybe a few times I let her, but I wasn't feeling it today.

"Why not?" she asked taking a step back to me.

"I just- I don't know," I told her, running a hand through my hair.

"Is it because of Samuels?" she asked in a dangerous tone. "I know you have feelings for her."

"Lizzie? Please, I wouldn't-"

"It is," she narrowed her eyes at me, "I knew it."

"It is not," I argued.

"I see the way you look at her, and ever since she let loose her secret, you've been so grumpy and unhappy."

"You're just as grumpy," I gritted, turning on my heel and storming out of the room.

Me and Lizzie? That's as unthinkable as Dumbledore and Trelawney. We are just friends. Not even that anymore. We are strangers. I would never fancy Lizzie. She's a mud- muggleborn.

Did I just stop myself from calling her a mudblood?

Yes, you did. You know how she never liked that word. Think about how angry she would be if you called her that while she was sober.

Why do I care how angry she would be? She's not my friend anymore.

But you wish she was.

I do not. She lied to me. For five years.

Because she knew how you would react if you found out. She was protecting herself. You can't blame her. She's a Slytherin for a reason.

She lied!

You called her a mudblood.

Because she is one.

Even so, you should apologize to her. She'll forgive you.

Even if I wanted to, she wouldn't forgive me. She's too proud.

Apologize.

She won't forgive me.

Apologize. It's worth a try.

She won't forgive me!

Prove me wrong.

Fine! I will. I'll apologize and I'll show you how she won't forgive me.

I angrily stormed back to the Slytherin common room. Lizzie better be there.

When I entered the cold room, everyone turned to look at me. I had unknowingly made a spectacle. I looked into each person's face in search of the one person I wanted to see right now.