Chapter Eighteen

Lizzie's POV:

My life revolved around sleep. Once classes ended, Draco would lead me to my dormitory and help me change into more comfortable, pajama like clothes, such as sweatpants and a t-shirt. We would then curl up on the sofa in front of the mantle and I would nap. Draco would wake me up for dinner where I would eat little to nothing. Turns out that not eating for month can decrease your appetite. After dinner, Draco and I would work on our homework and once that was finished, I would fall asleep for the night.

I was tired all of the time and my body was exhausted very easily. Walking up stairs would leave me panting as if I had just run a marathon.

Yet, slowly, I could feel myself getting better and better. My naps were decreasing in length and number. My energy was returning little by little.

This was how my life went for two weeks after I woke up. Then came the end of term for Christmas holiday.

"Hey Liz," Draco spoke the day before term ended at dinner, "I have a question."

"Shoot," I returned.

"Would you spend Christmas break at my house? Or at least part of it," he blurted, pushing a bit of mashed potatoes around on his plate. His blonde hair wasn't styled and fell in front of his eyes, hiding most of his face from my view.

"Would your parents allow you to have a muggleborn at your house?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I don't think blood status is such an important detail that needs to be shared."

"So you're not planning on telling them."

"No," he sighed.

"I would love to," I smiled at him. He snapped his head up at this.

"Really?"

"Really," I validated. "Of course I'll have to write my mum and ask her if it would be alright, but I'm sure she'll be fine with it. After all, she's already met you." I smirked at him thinking back to their meeting in the hospital wing. It was obvious that mum had loved Draco.

"I'll write my mum tonight and let her know," he declared, placing his hand on top of mine. I glanced down at our hands and smiled.

---

The next day, Draco and I parted ways at Kings Cross.

"Lizzie!" my mum had screeched when she saw me heading her way with Draco's arm crooked in mine. She met me with a bone crunching hug and tears. "Oh my girl. You're okay."

"Yes, mum. I'm fine," I laughed into her hair, smiling at Grayson over her shoulder.

"I thought I was going to lose you," she cried.

"Well, here I am," I smiled. "You remember Draco, right?" I nodded to Draco, who had stood awkwardly to the side until that moment when he stepped up next to me.

"Of course I do. It's absolutely wonderful to see you again, Draco," she greeted him with an outstretched hand. Draco grabbed it without a second thought.

"The pleasure is all mine, ma'am," he smiled politely.

"Please, call me Ella."

"And Draco, you must remember my brother, Grayson," I said waving a hand at the man beside my mum.

"Yes I do. It's wonderful to see you again, sir." He stretched out a hand with a straight face. Grayson met it with a firm grasp and a terse nod. There was some obvious tension between the two. "Well, I had better go meet my parents before they begin to worry. It was brilliant to see you again," he nodded. Before he left, he wrapped his arms around me in a homey hug. "I'll see you later, Liz. Be safe."