A New Year Special

A/N: If you don't remember....

(Y/N) - Your Name

(N/N) - Nickname

(e/c) - eye color

(h/c) -hair color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unedited

Noble x Reader

~Reader-chan

Noble and I stayed inside to celebrate for New Year's Eve, he thought it was for the best so I wouldn't have to wait out in the cold like I did the last year.

~Flashback~

It was a cold winter night... midnight to be exact and I was waiting outside within the crowd waiting for Noble. I cursed to myself for forgetting to wear a jacket in the middle of the winter. Leaning backwards against the tree, I watched as the fireworks lit up the sky with it's beautiful colors. A faint voice calling out to me calling out my name. Looking around, I breathed, "Noble?"

Standing on my tippy toes, I heard his voice again and my heart leapt for joy. The sound of his voice was filled with worry. Smiling I wiped away the stray tears that dared to fall from my eyes. Shouting out to catch his attention he turned around confused, but as soon as he found me the light in his eyes ignited with happiness. He ran towards me in exhaustion and I couldn't help but giggle as he tripped over his own feet trying to get to me. Such a klutz. Taking my hands in his, he murmured, "I made you cry. I made you think that I wouldn't be showing up."

This time, I looked away trying my best not to look into his eyes. Without warning the tears started to fall on their own account. Shaking my head, I spoke, "N-no.. you didn't. I knew you would come. You always do!"

Finally my eyes met his as I gave him a bright yet wavering smile still blaming myself for forgetting. He cupped my cheek murmuring, "My New Year's resolution is to not keep you waiting this long ever again, so I won't make my beautiful girlfriend cry."

My cheeks burned at his words and I questioned, "How would I know if you're not lying?" Already knowing the answer.

He looked at me as his eyes burned into mine. His lips were just a few inches away from mine as I felt his breath against them. He answered me back with a question of his own, "Have I ever lied to you?"

Shaking my head, I felt the electric sensation of our lips brushing against one another. Another set of fireworks went off and we both pulled away looking up at the sky. Our hands intertwined as we stared at the colorful lights filling the night sky. It's as if flowers were blossoming. We looked at each other again and he murmured, "Happy New Year, (Y/N)."

Smiling back, I murmured against his lips, "Happy New Year to you too."

We kissed again underneath the starry sky as couples around us too rejoiced with hugs and kisses for the start of the new year.

~End of Flashback~

I wonder if this New Year's Eve would be as special as it was like the last. Smiling at the memory, I felt a sudden poke to my side causing me to squeak out. My eyes shot open as I turned to see a grinning Noble. He asked, "What'cha thinking?"

Shaking my head, I answered, "I was remembering what we did last year. Thank goodness, we're staying inside this year." He said, "Yep." Popping the 'p' in the word. He sat down on the sofa behind me and I plopped down sitting on his lap. He gasped, "Damn girl, your heavy!" I gasped putting my hand to my heart, "Are you calling me fat?" He shook his head and said, "No no no no no. I would never." I gave him a look and he said, "Sorry?"