Close Encounters of Friendship...

It was the end of college that day. It was almost 5 PM.

All four gathered at the open place near the canteen. Aradhya told Shivani that she wants to borrow a book from the library and started leaving.

"Hey Aradhya !!" Aryan stopped, "Can you give me your notes, I'll have a look.." he said.

"Yess...keep it with you, I'll just come" Aru replied.

Shivani said to Varun "Yaar...I'm getting late, drop me at the hostel, have to get some grocery."

"Aryan, give the bike keys...I'll drop her and come back" Varun asked Aryan.

"Haa..Bhai take it...but don't get it back like you did the other day." Aryan replied throwing the keys at Varun.

Aradhya went to the library and came back with the book. But, she couldn't find Aryan nor Shivani, Varun. She walked slowly looking here and here.

********************

"Aradhya here.." Aryan said waving at her from the rock beside the canteen. Aradhya walked towards the rock, removing her wedges and holding her dress little up, trying to walk up the rock. On seeing her struggle, Aryan offered his hand to Aru. She first hesitated, but finally gave her hand while Aryan carefully helped her walk up to the rock.

"Hey...what are you doing here all alone !!?? Where are these love birds ??" Aru asked Aryan.

"Yaar...kya bataao, Varun went to drop Shivani at her hostel, he took my bike..so I had to wait. As I'm new to the college, was checking out the place & My foot steps stopped at this unusual rock and I really like it, It's so calm here." he replied.

"So, You happen to like my favorite place too..." She said smiling and continued "This is the coolest place I found in my initial days of college. I love sitting here, having my coffee, reading, watching the sunset at times...from here."

"Hmm.. so you like coffee, me too !" he said asking her what were her hobbies.

"Hello...mister I've just told you na..that I love reading, watching sunset, I spend most of my time with My Aayi, Aaji and gardening, and yes I watch quite a lot of movies, I even love Travelling..But my Aayi allows me to that very rarely." She replied.

Aryan sat there smiling, listening her talk. He happened to enjoy her company very much while she sat there next to him blabbering. They sat there watching the sunset, the semi orange sky, the clouds...And admiring the beauty of the woods nearby.

Aryan slowly began to lean back on the rock folding his hands under his head. He watched the sky which seemed to look different that day..he felt may be it was because of Aradhya's company.

"Aryan..Look at that bird, probably a pigeon nice na.." she said pointing at the bird flying in the sky.

"Yes... beautiful, I think it's searching for its mate" he replied.

"Yeah..may be !!" She said shivering because of the sudden cold breeze.
Aryan quickly removed his jacket and wrapped it on Aradhya. Aradhya simply smiled, controlling her blush and said, "Hey..you didn't tell me about your hobbies !?"

"Hmm..As I'm the only boy in my family, I'm pampered too much since my childhood. I had the freedom to do anything and everything I love..like bike racing, horse riding, play basketball. In free time, I usually stay with family, my pets, friends..." He said giving a pause.

She was surprised, to hear the words pets & horse..she immediately asked what pets he had, for which he replied "Dogs..I'm a huge dog lover. Have 4 dogs whom I pamper a lot."

Now...Aradhya was shocked to know that he has dogs as pets & he even rides a horse. Meanwhile, Aryan's phone rang and it was Varun who told him that he'll get late, asking Aryan to leave home with Aru.

"Aradhya, It's Varun...as usual he'll get late with Shivani, he asked us to go home !!" Aryan said biting his nails.

"Yeh..Tum kya karr rahe ho !! Biting nails !! It's a bad habit, stop doing that" she said.

"Haa..okay baba !! Will not do it again.." he said. "I think we should leave now, It's already getting late.."

*********************

It was around 7 PM,
they started walking in the lonely road which led to their locality. There was hardly a street lamp at the end of the road. Aradhya walked slowly looking at Aryan. There happened to be a power cut and the light went off suddenly.

Aradhya got scared and clinged at Aryan all of a sudden. She unknowingly happen to hug him so tightly that Aryan felt his ribs crushing but, didn't say a word. And Aru's phone rang breaking the mere silence. It was her mom asking her where she was for which Aradhya replied "I'm near to home, will reach in 10 mins."

"You know what Aryan...,
I'm so scared of darkness,
that I literally panick at times. Sorry..that I've tensed you too.."
she said adjusting her hair.

"It's fine, come lets go.." Aryan replied and Aradhya hit him again as she took the second step.

Now this time he said,
"Wait !! Hold my hand" and switched on the torch on his mobile.

They started walking in the dim light of the mobile. Aryan walked all way, catching Aradhya's hand from one side and watching the road carefully. While Aradhya walked watching him with those surprised eyes, she started feeling secure holding his hand. They reached Krishnanivas, Aru turned back, to say bye to Aryan..

"Thank you very much... Aryan" she said.

"I've already told you there's no need of a thank you.." he replied.

"By the way, where do you stay ??" she asked, Aryan said "There the diagonally opposite house from here..Okay It's late, Bye.. Good night, You better go in." and started leaving.

"Yeah !! Night Aryan.." Aradhya said, took a step and suddenly feeling Aryan's jacket on her she turned back to call him.
But, she saw Aryan walk in his casual style with his hands in the pockets, hitting a stone as if it was a football and singing,

"Dheere Dheere se Meri Zindagi mein Aana...

Dheere Dheere se Dil ko Churana,

Tumse pyaar hume hain kitna Jaane Jaana...

Tumse milkar Tumko hain Batana"

She didn't say a word, She simply let him go and walked into her home holding the jacket.

Her Aayi and Aaji were waiting for her at dinner table. She quickly finished her food and ran upstairs grabbing the water bottle.

Aru changed her dress, washed her face with some cold water, She sat in front of the mirror combing her hair & remembering all the things that happened that day.
Aradhya slept peacefully grabbing her blanket onto her and cuddling her teddy.

To be continued...