Back to College...

It was early in the morning..
Mild sun rays gushing in through the half opened window of Aryan's room.
He tucked the pillow onto his face to avoid light.

Meanwhile, He could hear someone knocking at the door. He staggered towards the door rubbing his eyes.

He opened the door to find his mom with the coffee mug. He grabbed the mug while his mom rushed down towards the kitchen.

Aryan slowly walked towards the window to find Aradhya playing with Boxer at her doorstep. He ran downstairs grabbing his tee from the bed.

Wearing the tee he ran out hastily, whistling and calling over to his other dogs.

"Hey morning Aradhya!!" He waved at her.

"Morning Aryan!!" She replied.

"You woke up so early today??
And you Boxer.. what are you doing here with her?" He said patting Boxer's back.

"It is because He finds you boring." Aradhya winked at him.

"Whatt!! Me and boring.. no way!! You're pretty much boring than me.." he replied to find Aru's Aaji walk towards them.

"Aryan.. so early today? Aren't you people going to college..?" Aaji questioned.

"Of course.. Aaji!! We are.." Aru continued, "Shivani texted me that there's some buzz in the college regarding some surprise event and we should reach college a bit early today.." she said to Aaji and walked in waving back at Aryan, "We'll meet in an hour to leave for college."

* * * * * * * * *

At the college,
Everyone were gathered at the assembly hall and were waiting for the principal to make the announcement about the surprise event.

Silence crept the hall as the principal arrived, and he made a couple of announcements.

"There's going to be a Prom Night on 25th of the month.."

"And we have an election coming up for the president of students union in the first week of the coming month.."

"Yippie.. let's party!!" Someone said, and there was a round of applause and a happy vibe in the students around.

Aryan, Aradhya, Shivani, Varun stood all excited.

"So.. Shivani you're my dance partner!!" Varun grabbed Shivani's hand.

Aradhya giggled: "Oh ohh.. love birds!! Stop it ok.. don't forget, we're in the college.."

Aryan simply starred at them.

* * * * * * *

"Hey guys, go grab the entry tickets for the prom night before they're sold out.." some girl said to Shivani.

"Come Aru.. let's go!!" Shivani pulled Aradhya.

The boys stood there looking at them.

"Hey Aradhya!! Will you be my partner for the prom..?" A guy named Farooq asked.

Aradhya gave a witty answer to him,
"I don't like boys who are funky.. I like boys who're monkeys.. Sorry Farooq!! Better luck next time.."

A sigh of relief crept over Aryan's face. Varun could sense his friend's emotions.

Varun: "What bruhh!?
Why are you so silent!!
What are you thinking?"