Chapter 3

"Now, I have heard that the Lady Helen has just arrived it is time to greet her!" Uther explained that she was the kingdoms finest singer and was always called to such events. Myself, Morgana and Gwen stood to the left of the king and some other nobles stood behind their king as we awaited the entrance of the kingdom most beloved singer.

The doors opened and in walked a lady with a dark purple gown with raven hair, her eyes were dark and there seemed to be something strange about her. To make things worse the hall was rather dark, no candles had been lit yet, the only light source was the fading sun as it fought to get through the stained-glass windows. I glanced over at my two new friends, both of them clearly intrigued and excited to hear her sing.

"Lady Helen" the King rose from his throne in order to greet her. "Thank you so much for coming to sing at our celebrations". She curtsied to him in respect with a small smile across her face. "The pleasure is all mine".

"How was your journey?"

"Oh, the time it took sire" she let out a sigh to exaggerate the lengthy journey she must have experienced. Uther took her hands in his and placed a gentle kiss on to top of them. "Well, it is always worth the wait!"

"It will be". She took one hand out of his grip and placed it on a crystal necklace, something just wasn't right at all here.

Uther glanced towards both me and Morgana. "Lady Helen you know my Ward Morgana, but I am proud to announce another young lady who I have taken into my care. This is the Lady Rosa of Whiteridge" I sent her a half smile, I felt so uncomfortable in her presence but I did not know what made me feel so. We both curtsied to one another like she had done with Morgana. "Lovely to meet you Lady Helen, I have heard nothing but praises of you since being in the castle."

"It is a delight for me to meet you also".

Once the introductions were finished we shared conversations with each other, each hour I could feel the tiredness coming over me and had to excuse myself. "Goodnight Rosa" the king told me. I bid farewell to everyone in the room and Gwen accompanied me to my tower room.

"Thank you for all your help today Gwen, I really do appreciate it."

"It is never a problem to help you Row"

Interrupting our conversation was a hard knock on the wooden door. Both Gwen and I shared a look of confusion "Who could possibly wish to speak to me at such hours?". She opened to the door, and the surprise person was Gaius with unreadable expression on his face.

"Come in Gaius, what on earth is the matter?"

"Thank you, well I would not have disturbed you if it were not important Row. But it seems Merlin has gotten himself into some trouble, earlier on he apparently insulted the Prince now he sits in a jail cell. I have luckily managed to convince Uther to let him go but he will have to suffer a small punishment, not too severe. You could go and speak to him if you would like. Oh, and meet me in the citadel tomorrow at noon." He let out a small laugh at the end where as I was in complete shock, was he that stupid?

"Thank you, Gaius, for sharing this with me! I will go and see him now". I put on my silver velvet cloak it was beginning to get rather cool in the corridors, the moonlight seemed to make my source of warmth shimmer in the moonlight. Making my way down many flights of stairs I had finally reached the entrance of the dungeons. Two guards with the red Camelot uniform sat playing a game of dice, this was clearly their way of passing time.

"Hello, I'm Lady Rosa and wish to speak to one of the prisoners you are keeping here". The men looked up at me and nodded, they never spoke a word. Leading me around the cells, I looked into each one trying to find the one I call brother. Near the far side was where he was spending the night. "This is him, thank you I shall only be a few minutes". With that they opened the door and shut it immediately walking away until I called for them again.