Chapter 4

Hey everyone! So sorry didn't update Friday like i said i was going to each week. Had work till late and then it completely slipped my mind so here is the chapter do enjoy!

Row' POV

After leaving Merlin I went straight to bed, knowing that the next day would be filled with excitement and be extremely long with the celebrations running all day and all night.

I woke up, in the middle of the night hearing my name being called. It scared me at first thinking that someone was in my room, upon finding no one I was curious to where the source was. I made my way down the spiral steps where I heard light footsteps, I could feel my heart begin to pick up its pace knowing that I shouldn't really be down here but, then looking just as suspicious as I did Merlin appeared from behind the opposite corner to where I was. "Merlin" I whispered loudly. He looked up seeing my half way down the grand staircase.

"Do you hear it too?" he asked

"Yes"

"Come on let's go, it's coming from down there!"

There was a wooden gate that was of partly open, and i could see there were many steps I but neither of had a torch, Merlin spotted one that wasn't lit but using his magic fire instantly appeared, I held onto his arm scared of what we may find down here.

Reaching the bottom, we found a cavern with many tunnels around it, I could hear water dripping down from the rocks to the uneven floor where a stream broke through the. Then a laugh surrounded us the echo making it hard to pinpoint where it came from. Silence filled the air yet again....

Where are you?" Merlin called in to the darkness

Out of nowhere a dragon flew straight towards us and sat on the rock that faced both me and Merlin.

"I am here" the dragon simply spoke with a slight chuckle.

Merlin pushed me back slightly just as a precaution, I could see he was scared, I mean who wouldn't be if you came face to face with a dragon. We both looked intensely at the sight before us, was he actually real? Am I dreaming? "How small you both are for such great destinies!"

"Why what do you mean? What destiny?" Merlin asked stepping forward clearly intrigued by what the dragon was saying. I on the other hand was so scared I just wanted to leave. "Your gift Merlin, was given to you for a reason." "So, there is a reason?"

"Arthur is the once and future king who will unite the land of Albion." 

"Right?" Merlin replied with just a hint of disbelief in his voice. "But he faces many threats, from friend and foe alike".

"I don't see what this has to do with me!" Merlin began to protest, it really is clear he doesn't like Arthur at all. "Everything! Without you, Arthur will never succeed. Without you there will be no Albion". I was now hiding behind the corner where neither Merlin or that dragon could see me, what does one do in a situation like this, I can't leave Merlin behind with a dragon!

Silence overcame the cavern once more until Merlin decide to reply. "No, no you have this wrong". 

"There Is no right or wrong, only what is and isn't".

"But I'm serious, if anyone wants to kill him they can go ahead! In fact, I'd give them a hand". The dragon found this rather funny and let out a laugh at what Merlin had said. "None of us can chose our destiny Merlin, and none of us can escape it."

"No, no way there must be another Arthur cause this one is an idiot."

 "Perhaps it is your destiny to change that" the great dragon suggested. A cold wind passed me which sent shivers down my spine. "That goes for you too Row." I moved closer to the corner where the dragon lay behind with Merlin. "There is no need to be afraid child". With that I let out a small breath preparing myself, as I took a step forward both I and the dragon could see each other. His once harsh golden eyes now seemed soft and understanding.