Chapter 9

Today was the day, Arthur would fight his biggest foe yet. As me and my companions, Morgana and Gwen were walking to the tournament grounds she reminded us again that before we went to our seats we had to give our favours to her chosen knights. Of course, mine was Arthur. We could see the tents on the grounds now luckily Valliant's was on the opposite side of Arthurs otherwise they might have killed each other already. "I can go alone from here, you go with Morgana at least we know our Prices ways you don't know his so Gwen you go with her". They nodded their heads and literally skipped in the direction of her prince charming's tent.

I was stood right in front of Arthur's now, and to let someone know your there you usually knock but there was nowhere. "Hello? Arthur are you in here?" before I could open the silky tent door I met Merlin on the other side. "Oh, hello Row how can we help you in fact we were just talking about y-" Arthur cleared his throat before Merlin could continue. "Ur Sire I will get your shield".

Now it was just the two of us. "I am so sorry about Merlin he can be so embarrassing sometimes he was just the same in Ealdor." I laughed remembering the fun times we used to have playing in the fields with our friends but he was always in some sort of trouble. "I understand, so Row what was it you needed?" He smiled and approached me. "Well Morgana and Gwen insisted we gave out favours and they you were the one they chose for me to give one to." I took a ribbon from my hair the red and gold shined through it was actually the perfect colours it matched his clothing and crest very well. I tied it onto his sword instead of the usual tunic area. "Thank you I am sure it will bring me luck, would you like to walk with me to the entrance of the area?" I smiled and started to walk with him just a few paces behind us both. Merlin joined us again just walking a few paces behind us. Within a minute we had arrived. "Good luck out there, please be careful you know what he is capable of". Merlin gave Arthur his shield and adjusted it accordingly. He stood there looking so kingly his hair shone so majestically in the sunlight and his stern face was hiding such generosity and love. "I promise".

The fanfare sounded for Arthur to make his entrance to the arena, he took one last glance back to where I stood and smiled. The crowd applauded and cheered for their prince. The two competitors faced each other and put their helmets on, they tapped their swords together to signal they were ready and then it began. Arthur had the upper hand and was pushing Valiant further back in the arena closer to where I was stood. Arthur saw his opportunity and manged to take Valliant's helmet off with his sword. Arthur, the nobleman that he is removed his helmet to show he was affair competitor and then the fight continued.

Things began to take a turn for the worse, Valiant stepped on Arthurs foot causing him to look down, Valiant pushed his shield into his competitor's face which led Arthur to fall to the floor. Merlin joined me by the side of the arena and explained his plan to me. Merlin then retreated to find a suitable place where he could hide his magic well.

Valiant had manged to completely disarm Arthur and had him against the wall beside me. I gasped at the viscous style Valiant was using he was merciless even in tournaments. Thankfully with his full-strength Arthur pushed Valiant off of him, the two were now back in the centre of the arena facing each other waiting for someone to make the first move.

Suddenly two snakes appeared from Valiant' shield had appeared, Merlin had done it and now it was my turn. Arthur's voice echoed around the tournament grounds "Now they can see who you really are!" I could see a smug smile on Valiant' face before he instructed the snakes to kill Arthur. He had nothing to defend himself with so I grabbed a dagger from the weapons stand that was only a few paces from where I originally stood and threw it towards the closet snake that approached Arthur rather quickly, the sunlight hit the sword and each time a blinding light seemed to hit anyone who looked at it. Time seemed to have slowed and each move the dagger made I watched with care finally it hit the snake and all that remained of it was its fresh corpse. Morgana now threw a sword to Arthur for him to kill the remaining snake.