Chapter 3

Alice POV

When Queen Amelia first opened the doors, I gasped.

My bedroom is huge. The walls are blue, and the ceiling is vaulted. On the right wall is my bed. The bed is a king, and the comforter is a light blue. On each side of the bed there is a white nightstand. On the wall in front of me there is a big walk-in closet and on the left wall there is a white desk with a laptop. The chair is a soft blue cloth. The floor is soft white fur much like the rest of the house. My suitcases and purse are already beside my bed.

"Well, I'll leave you now," says Queen Amelia.

I start unpacking all my clothing. Then I remember Mackenzie. She must be worried sick! I think. I start wondering

about how to contact her, and then I hear a soft knock on my giant white marble doors.

"Come in," I say. Then uh... Kelsey, that's it, walks in.

"Hello," she says quietly.

"Hi," I answer. "So... how long have you been here?"

"About two months," she answers.

"Exactly what are you here for?" I ask.

"Well, I was hoping you could tell me that," she says.

"Oh... I don't know either," I say.

"Oh," she says quietly. We both just stand there awkwardly for awhile.

I can't think of anything to say, so luckily, she says something first, "You're Alice, right? I'm Kelsey."

"Yeah, I'm Alice. So your brother is... Trevor?"

"Yeah," she answers.

"Cool."

A chime was heard, and I think we were both grateful for the distraction. "Time for dinner! Don't wanna be late, today is tacos," Kelsey says excitedly.

"Alrighty then," I say jumping up. I'm glad I like tacos.

Ryan POV

She's beautiful. That's all I've been able to think about since we met. The way she's beautiful without makeup. The way she believes in herself. My thoughts are interrupted by the dinner chime ringing. I finish washing my hands and head downstairs. 

I sit in my usual spot and wait for everyone else to show up. First it's Trevor, then Kelsey and Alice. Trevor and Kelsey sit on the opposite side of me, Alice to my right, and Queen Amelia at the head of the table.

The waitresses and waiters serve us our food, which is tacos. We all dig in, and every once in awhile, we stop and chat. I eat about three. After the tacos, we are served dessert, which is chocolate lava cake.

After dinner us four kids go to the living room. Once everybody is settled, Trevor starts the conversation. "So, Alice, tell us about yourself."

"Uh, okay. What do you want to know?" she says.

"Do you have any siblings?" he asks.

"Nope, I'm an only child."

Then Kelsey chimes in, "What's your favorite color?"

"Blue." I smile a little, because that's my favorite color, too. I don't think anybody notices.

"Favorite food?"

"Pizza." Another thing we have in common.

"Age?"

"16. You?"

"Trevor and I are 15, and Ryan's 17."

"Boyfriend?"

She laughs before saying, "Not yet."

Then she says, "What about you Kelsey?"

"Not that Trevor knows about." Kelsey,  Alice, and I burst out laughing while Trevor just sits there with a confused look on his face.

"What?" He says.

"Oh relax. I'm kidding!" He lets out a sigh of relief and sits back.

Then Alice looks at me. "What about you, Ryan? Tell me about your family."

I clear my throat and feel my stomach drop. "Well uh... my parents um... they died when I was six, and I haven't seen my sister in two years. She's the only family I have left."

She frowns and says, "I'm sorry, I didn't know..."

I give a small laugh and say, "No, it's fine. It was a long time ago." At that time, another chime rings.

"Curfew," Trevor says, and we leave. Alice and I headed a different way than Kelsey and Trevor, because our bedrooms are on a different side. We walk in silence for a little while, but then she speaks up.

Alice POV

I'm practically dying from all the awkward silence, and i'm dying to know what happened to his sister i cant help but ask, "So, you don't have to tell me, but, what happened to your sister?"

He looks sad for a bit, then says, "She disappeared two years ago, and, well, I haven't seen her since." He looks so adorable when he's sad, which is probably really weird of me to say.

"I'm so sorry," I say sadly.

"I already told you, it's fine. You don't have to keep apologizing," he says.

"Sorry," I reply, "I mean, right! Yeah..."

He gives a small chuckle and says, "Well, this is my room. See you tomorrow?"

"Where else would I go?" I reply. "Night, Ryan."

"Night."

I go down the hall to my room, put on my pajamas, climb onto my really comfortable bed, and enter a deep and dreamless sleep.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Hi!

So this happened...

Sorry if you thought this chapter was short.

Anyway, please vote and comment on anything you don't like or do like or something you want me to add and I will consider it.

Tell your friends about this book!

Bye!

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#