Chapter 7

Alice POV

The force of the explosion knocks me off my feet. When the ringing in my ears stops, I get up. I notice the pathway is gone. All I am able to hear is a loud piercing squeal. It takes me a second to realize where I am and what had just happened. A bomb just exploded! In the most protected place in our kingdom!

"Ryan!" I yell. I scramble clutching onto the side of the walls. Where is Ryan and the others? I search and yell for my group until finally after yelling endlessly, Ryan comes up behind me. I am startled and confused about what is happening. Where is everyone else? Who would want to attack the Palace?

"Alice, we need to get out of here!" Ryan shouts over the wreckage says. He has a small gash on his forehead, with blood running down the side of his face. "Where are the others?" He asks.

I look around and realize I don't know where Kelsey and Trevor are. I also realize the explosions around us are never ending. I see the guards attacking weird cyborg-looking things. We start hurriedly looking for Kelsey and Trevor, we search everywhere and we eventually find them downstairs. They are huddling together shaking badly. Kelsey is sobbing, and Trevor is doing his best to comfort her.

"Now we need to find Queen Amelia," Ryan says. The twins follow us as we start working our way to her study. We turn a corner and come face to face with a cyborg its red machine eyes bore right into us,it hurrdles its bulky body straight for us. We all dodge as best we can. A pipe is sticking out of the wall. Ryan grabs ahold of it and yanks it right out of the wall. The cyborg grabs at us, its claws sharp as a sword. Ryan slams the cyborg with his weapon smashing it right into the wall, because of the quake rubble falls and squishes the cyborg smashing it to pieces ad missing Ryan my mere centimeters. The loud crash makes Kelsey wail louder as we reach the Queen's study, a group of guards escorting Queen Amelia show up in our path.

"Hurry, we must go to the classroom," she says. We follow her to the classroom, and the guards split up and cover the hallways. Somehow the classroom doesn't have a single scratch is is in tact. All the desks are pushed to the side and the space has four large backpacks sitting directly in the middle.

"What's going on?" Kelsey asks between tears.

"I don't have time to explain right now, we must hurry. You must take those four bags and these papers and you must leave," Amelia says. She hands me four papers and points to four bags in the corner. "Go! Now!"

"But we can help!" Ryan argues. "We can fight!"

"You must leave and fulfill your destiny!"

"I'm not leaving without you! You're the only family I have left"

"Protect them, Ryan." She runs out the door and leaves us.

"Alright," Ryan says clearly in shock that his mother figure has just left him he takes charge and orders "Grab the bags and let's go!"

We each grab a bag and run out the door. Ryan leads us around the battles and out the door. We start going towards the vehicles, but then the garage blows up.

We turn around and go the other way, into the woods. We keep running until we can't hear the explosions anymore. Then we sit down to rest. It is already dusk and if we keep running we will have no sense of what direction we are going in.

We are in a little clearing, with a little pond. It glows a beautiful blue because of the enchanted mosses.

"Okay," Ryan says, "what are those papers for?"

I shakily unroll the papers. There are three maps, and the last one has a bunch of writing.

"Here's what it says," I read. "Four friends of the colors gold, blue and gold, green and gold, and brown and gold, that must mean our eyes, will join together to defeat the dark force. Their powers will be revealed when their journey starts. They must defeat the dark force by August 21, 3032. That's 8 days from now. They will defeat the dark force by retrieving the three Chrangel Stones. But one will not survive the fight. Once all of the stones are collected they will know what to do once they have all three. That's all it says."

"Then these must be maps to the three stones," Ryan says. "We should see what we have in our packs."

We all take our bags and put them in front of us. We all have extra clothes, food, water bottles, lighters, matches, brushes, other bathroom supplies, sunglasses, binoculars, a wood-cutting axe, flashlights, extra batteries, a sleeping bag, a pillow, a small first aid kit, and some sort of weapon. I have a bow and arrow, Ryan has a sword, Kelsey has two daggers, and Trevor has a spear. 

"We should probably change, since we're in our pajamas," Trevor says. "We'll go change farther in the woods." He uneasily leaves Kelsey with me. She has stopped crying but you can still tell that she is shaken up.

The boys leave and we start changing. I have a black short-sleeved shirt, a black jacket, jeans with a belt, and black combat boots. Everything is lightweight, which is good for running. I'm pretty sure everyone has the same clothes.

After five minutes, we hear the boys yell, "You guys dressed?"

"Yeah!" we answer.

They come back, and Ryan looks at his watch.

"Alright, you guys get some sleep. I'll take first watch," he says.

"I'll take second watch," Trevor says.

We decide we'll leave at 7:00 am. or as early as we can. We have a long journey ahead of us.

We set up our sleeping bags and go to sleep.

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Hello my Unicorns!

Hi. I hope you liked it!

Tell your friends! Keep reading!

Bye!