Chapter 19

Alice Pov

I woke up with a start, I looked around and saw the others were still sleeping. I get up and goto the window that was in the room we were at. Guessing from the position the sun is in the sky it's around noon. I learned how to tell time from the sun at the palace... the palace, I miss Queen Amelia she was the best older figure I've ever know except for my parents. I hope that they are all safe my mom,dad, Queen Amelia, and Mackenzie. Although Valerie does remind me of Queen Amelia her posture, her voice, her face everything except her eyes. Her eyes were as dark as night and as cold as a winter storm, they were scary but beautiful. I decide to wake everyone up with a blast of cool air.

"Wake up everyone!!!" I yell

They groggily start getting up and checking their bags for breakfast when squid guy comes in.

"Valerie has requested for you to join her for breakfast" he says if Valerie were his queen like Amelia was ours. 

We all get dressed in our most presentable outfits that don't have holes or tears in them,and walk down the corridor with squid man to a massive breakfast hall lined with real food! Not just add water and boil stuff we've been having.

Surprisingly none of us lunge for it and stuff our faces full instead we all take a seat greedily eyeing the delicious smelling food..

"Eat all you want" Valerie graciously tells us. We storm to the beginning of the table and pile food onto our plates. There is so many choices that I become mesmerized and am soon left with a pile taller than a mountain. 

Ryan seems a little more unsure if he should eat but with some persuading from Kelsey, who already had her mouth full of food, he uneasily takes a bite.

Trevor seemed lost in thought and at war with himself but that's how he normally looks he never even takes a bite.

I eat everything I can grasp and soon I am  stuffed to my gills.

After breakfast we all walk the grounds and find libraries and studies. There are massive paintings lining the hallway, each a delicately detailed portrait of a powerful leader that has ruled here. A translucent black cloth covering each one, all except Valerie's. Hers was incredibly lifelike and mirroring how a queen would look.

We danced down hallways until it was dusk we explored every nook and ventured into every room.

"I can't believe we thought this place was evil" Kelsey says mid pirouette.

"I don't like this place it seems...it doesn't seem normal, does it bug you that none windows are open?" Ryan questions.

"Maybe the curtains are too old to pull back and if you touch them they turn to dust!" Kelsey argues back.

"Maybe..." Ryan says quietly.

---@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

Hope you enjoyed

Long chappie for my unicorns!!!

Love you!!

Mwah mwah thats me giving you kisses