Chapter 11

Ryan POV

Alice wakes me up at 2:00, like yesterday. When the girls wake up at 5:00, I make cereal, and we begin walking again. We walk for about 11 hours. SO MUCH WALKING. We stop earlier than usual because most of the terrain was uphill. And Kelsey keeps nagging. Today was pretty uneventful, we weren't attacked at all.

We set up camp near a big lake. Trevor gets a fire going.

"I'm bored," Kelsey says. Oh boy. Here we go again. "Let's do something."

I turn around and roll my eyes, so she won't see. "Well, what do you want to do?" Alice asks.

"Let's go swimming," Kelsey suggests.

"Okay," Trevor says. We dig through our bags to see if we have swimsuits. Luckily, we do. The girls' suits are plain pink. Mine and Trevor's are plain black.

Trevor and I go into different parts of the woods and change. When we get back, the girls are already in the water.

They haven't seen me, so I quickly run behind a large rock. I climb up on it, they are not too far from me. I give a small running start, and I jump in the middle of them yelling, "CANNONBALL!"

Trevor does the same, and when he resurfaces, we both start laughing.

I now notice the water, which is warm, but not really warm. It is the perfect temperature. It is a clear, bright blue. It is beautiful.

The girls are completely covered in water now, and they look mad. They come up to us and dunk our heads in the water. When we come back up spitting out water, we all start laughing.

I haven't laughed like this for a while...

After I recover from laughing so hard, I swim to a deeper part. You can still see the bottom here. There is a really deep part, where you can't see the bottom, but I don't go there.

I swim for awhile, and then I see a waterfall. It is on the opposite side, and it comes from a cliff about 20 feet above. I swim over to it, and I can go behind it. When I go through, everything turns blue. There is a small cave, and the water is reflecting everywhere into it. There are vines on the walls, crawling every which way. There is a small, clear pool in the center, with bubbles popping up.

I put my foot in, and it is really warm, but thankfully not scalding. I smile to myself. I poke my head out of the waterfall and yell, "Hey guys! Come over here!"

They start heading over, and I go back in the cave. I go into the... Hot tub? And settle in. The others show up, and we talk and vegetate for about 45 minutes.

After that, we play marco polo for 30 minutes. While the others keep swimming, I get dinner ready. During dinner, I look out at the lake and I could swear I saw it ripple. I don't think much of it, it could've just been the wind or something.

After dinner, it is still light out so we go swimming some more.

"I'll race you," Trevor suggests.

"Okay," I say. "You're going down. 1 lap. From here to the other side."

He smirks, and we get ready one the one shore. Kelsey and Alice start us off by saying, "One, two, three, go!"

I push off, surging forward. I do the freestyle to the other side. I turn around and push off again. I pass Trevor a few yards off. Just as I reach the middle, the deepest part, the water explodes in front of me. I stop short and stare with a gaping mouth at the monster in front of me. And for once I thought we would have an easy day.

The monster is huge, at least 70 feet tall. It has 14 tentacles, each about 15 feet long. The mouth is large, and has spiraling teeth. It has 12 eyes. It's roar is deafening. All in all, it's freaky.

Trevor and I start swimming as fast as we can towards the girls. The monster slashes the water behind us, and that sends out massive waves. Water is flying everywhere, and my view is partially blocked. Kelsey and Alice are screaming and scrambling to get as far away from that thing as possible.

We reach them, and run out of the water. Since we can't outrun it, we have no choice but to fight. We all grab our weapons, Trevor, Kelsey, and I dive into the water, while Alice stays on the shore.

We are hoping to find a weak spot. I will try to climb to reach its heart or head. I start climbing the back, which is hard because it keeps thrashing around. It doesn't help that the slimy skin is very slippery.

I see arrows sticking out everywhere, but they don't seem to do anything. I keep climbing, hoping it won't notice me. I finally reach the top. I try to find the weakest-feeling spot, and when I think I do, I thrust my sword in. It roars even loader, and throws me off. I hit the water, and I swim back to the surface.

Unfortunately, my sword didn't do much. Not only that, I lost my sword. We give up trying to kill it, and start running. It follows us, each step taking up 15 feet.

I start to panic, so I turn around and think about water. Blue eyes are meant to control the water, maybe I can! I create an enormous wall of water, 100 feet tall. I don't know how I did that but I did.

I can see the shape of the monster through the water. As soon as it gets over its confusion, it starts moving forward again. I watch until it is almost crashing through, and right as it walks through the water, I strike the wall with lightning. The monster screams piercing our ears.

The monster explodes, pieces of it flying everywhere. It's black blood covering everything. Eventually it all stops and silences. I look at the other three and ask, "Are you okay?"

We are covered head to toe with the black goop, Kelsey looks like she will kill somebody.

They all nod. We start walking back towards the camp. We wash off in the lake a bit. Just as we reach the camp, I see something out of the corner of my eye. It is on the other side of the lake.

"I'll be right back," I say. I walk towards the object, which is stuck inside a chunk of monster. I get closer, and I see a handle, and below that, iron and stabbed by my sword is a solid blue gem, the color of water. The glow is spectacular.

I smile when I notice what it is. I pull my sword out of the chunk and go to the lake to clean it off.

When I get back, I help the others move chunks away from our camp and into the forest. After that, I go into the forest again to change.

We switch it up this time, Trevor and Alice will take first watch, and Kelsey and I will take second.

we celebrate the second gem being found and share our fears and worries.

I pack what I won't need, and I lay down to sleep.

4 days left.

@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

Hello my Unicorns!

Sorry it took so long.

I was bored/small writers block.

I hope you liked this kind of longer one!

Keep reading!

Vote!

Tell your friends!

Bye!