Chapter 20 (continuation)

(A/N)

Hey!

So I realized that Wattpad managed to delete half of my last chapter!

That's why it's so short.

I worked so hard on it, too...

*cries*

This is me rewriting it, but I can't remember everything, so I'll do my best.

I did make it longer than the original deleted half, so I really hope you guys like it. C:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Katlyn's POV:

I let out a long sigh once Jennifer was gone; I could finally breathe.

Caiden sensed this and laughed, "relived that you don't have to stop yourself from ripping her head off of her body every five seconds?"

I smiled at him as we walked, "how did you know?"

"Well," hey said coyly, "we are mates after all."

That's the first time he's ever casually mentioned it, without joking or making an attempt at being intimate. And it sounded nice. I was his mate, and he was mine. The way he towered over me and radiated such power, but also made me feel so safe... The way I felt like I was invincible. Wherever I was with him, whenever I was with him, I feel confident. I can do whatever I want.

Before I thought that the life of a rogue was more free than being tied down to a mate, but now I see that with a mate I can soar even higher than before.

Caiden cleared his throat, "you know, I really am sorry... For the things I've done... For not waiting, or being a worthy enough mate."

"No," I shook my head, "It's fine. I forgive you."

I took a deep breath, "yes, you did do stupid things. Things that only a true idiot would do. Only the lowest of the low, the dumbest of the dumb, and the most inconsiderate-"

"Yes," he gritted his teeth, "I get it. But is there an actual point to any of this?"

The ghost of a smile snuck it's way to the corner of my lips, "I'm getting there. The point is, you don't have to apologize anymore. It's behind us, and now all that's left to do is move forwards. If you can do that, that's good enough for me."

He paused, taking my hands in his, "If that's what I have to do, then I'll be more than good enough for you some day."

I smiled and looked down for a second, then looked back up to meet his enchanting green eyes, "You already are more than good enough for me."

"If that's the case," Caiden wrapped his broad arms around my petit frame, "then you've exceeded that by a million."

"A million?" I asked.

"Whatever number can measure up to how great you are, but I don't think there is one large enough," he leaned his forehead on mine as I wrapped my slender arms around his neck, entwining my fingers at his nape.

Looking into his eyes, I knew this is where I belonged. No matter how much I loved being rogue, I loved my mate even more.

Caiden closed his eyes, and slowly moved forwards.

I closed mine too and soon I felt sparks.

His hands gripped my waist, tracing circles and igniting a delightful burning sensation.

Electricity shooting through every ounce of my being, strengthening the mate bond.

Our wolves howled in pure bliss as everything just felt entirely... Right.

For once, everything was at peace.

Sparks bringing me to life after a century of slumber, lifting me off the ground and into a blissful oblivion as his tender lips moved gingerly against my own. Nothing could ruin this moment.

??????'s POV:

*click*

They kiss.

*click*

They hold hands.

*click*

They cuddle.

*click*

He mumbles some sappy ass, cheesy little, dumb ass line and she giggles like the naïve little schoolgirl she is.

This makes me sick.

I snapped the pics, and got back to base.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to sneak past border patrol on the way in AND out?

I know Boss wont be happy once he sees these photos.

Back at base, I gave my identification and the guards let me through.

Weaving through a series of corridors, I finally arrived at the Boss's HQ.

I heard a shattering noise before he bellowed, "I don't CARE if your life could be at risk! THIS is more important than your petty life you-you-you-" another shatter, "Useless fag! A boulder could be of more use than your pathetic ass!"

There was a measly whimpering before a man ran out of his office, a beer bottle flying at his head on the way out, just missing.

I walked in, dodging yet ANOTHER beer bottle.

The stagnant stench of beer deluded my senses for the moment, before I continued.

That's how strong it was.

"WHAT?" Boss screamed, "Let me guess! You have nothing for me, too? Useless, the whole lot of ya!"

He brought his fists down on the desk with such a great force that the entire room shook, but miraculously the desk didn't crack. Or disintegrate.

"Actually, I found something," I whispered, my knees shaking violently.

Boss looked at me in surprise, signaling for me to continue.

I slapped the pictures on his desk.

"I found her. She's with an Alpha who refuses to let her go."

A beer bottle whizzed by my head, as another was whipped at the opposite wall.

"NO! Do you have any idea how difficult it will be now to get my hands on her? If she was hard to get before, imagine now- with an entire pack backing her!" He roared in fury.

It was unmistakably clear that the Boss was a man driven by his rage at the world.

...and everyone in it.

"Actually, maybe it's not that bad..." I suggested, my fingers fiddling with each other in anxiety.

He stalked towards me quietly, not making a sound for such a massive man, "and how exactly is that?" He whispered, lifting me up by my collar.

Boss was scarier quiet than yelling.

For when he yelled, it was normal. Just plain terrifying.

But when he whispered, he was a different man. No telling what he would do. He wasn't in his mind, he had gone insane.

I gulped, trying to swallow my fear, "well, before we had to locate her. Now all we have to do is wait until try can't protect her and then swoop on in."

Boss hummed in thought, dropping me to the floor as he stalked away with his hands clasped behind his back.

My hands immediately found my throat as I sucked in the oxygen, grateful for my life.

"Possibly, quite possibly indeed!" He remarked.

"That will be all. Your service is appreciated, and I will not forget you. You are dismissed."

Boss shooed me away.

I almost felt remorse for what I had done.

They seemed truly happy together.

Yet, I knew I was doing the right thing by remaining loyal to Boss.

...or was I?

Either way, I don't have a choice anymore.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(A/N)

Sorry if I took a long time to update, I wish I had an excuse.

But, in all honesty, I don't.

For a while, I just lost inspiration.

So, last night, I went through your comments. That's what brought back my inspiration.

Therefore I ended up writing this at 3 am. :O x_ x

So, this is for you. I hope you've all enjoyed. :)

Thanks again.

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

〜 The Mushroom Master ~(。 _。)~