3- Dining Hall

Chapter three-Dining hall

As we head to the dining hall, students are everywhere, talking and laughing. Which was weird because there was no one around before. I walk with Alex and Debbie to get our food. We stand in line and greet the lunch ladies.

"What's your name?" one of them asks.

"Diana Black."

"Student ID?"

I shrug and say I didn't know my student ID. They nod expressionless and tell me its a new thing they are doing here.

"You are now Student 4073" I take my food and they stop me and say. "You will only eat the food you receive and sharing food is forbidden. Or else you receive detention." I nod curtly and face the whole dining hall full of students. Alex motions for me to follow her and Debbie.

We all sit down at a long table and Debby says, "Hey guys, meet Diana"

One of their friends jumps up looking overly exited "Hi!" He smiles brightly "I'm reece!" He has spiked up hair and hazel eyes.

I Laugh as another girl from the table pushes him aside and says "Hi I'm Gabby!" With equal excitement. She has bright green eyes with Dirty-Blonde Gold hair.

"Hi, Nice to meet you!" I say smiling. As I sit down. They nod towards Alex and Debbie and both say "A friend of theirs is a friend of ours". The look at each other and cover their mouths. They seem shocked they had said the exact same thing. They uncover their mouths and both say "woah". After that they just burst out laughing.

Alex laughs and says "they are best friends they were two of the first people at this school." I nod as she goes on, "now they are inseparable like brother and sister"

"creepy if you ask me" Debbie says picking at her food.

We all just laugh as girls from another table are eying us suspiciously. They watch me as one of them gets up and the rest follow out of the dining hall.

Reece mutters "ugh not them again".

Gabby turns to me and says "Looks like Catherine doesn't seem to like you." she continues. "But don't worry about it, who wants to be part of that crowd anyways... Were the cool kids" she says nudging Reece with her elbow.

"Riiiight" he replies. As we all laugh again.

I finish eating and I decide to go back to my dorm to finish unpacking. I wave goodbye and walk away.

-Alex's POV-

We watch as Diana walks back to her dorm.

"She's pretty cool" Debbie nods taking a giant bite out of her burger.

"Slow down there tiger" I say laughing

She shrugs and says "I'm just starving."

"I have a feeling she's going to get herself into trouble" I say.

"Why do you say that?" Reece asks appearing behind me startling me.

"Don't... do that."

"Sorry," he shrugs.

"Did you see the way Catherine looked at her?" Gabby answered for me.

I sighed and thought to myself Diana better stay away from Catherine. As much as I can't stand her she is smart. A wave of sadness washes over me as I remember her as my best friend. I sighed and looked at my pencil on the table. It slowly rolled toward me. It must be the wind I think. Although there isn't even a slight breeze.

-Catherine's POV-

"What is the reading on her?" I asked (Unknown). I am very concerned about this girl. She may be a threat.

"2" He/she quickly reply and I tense at the answer.

"Normally it takes months to reach that level." I pace back and forth "She got here TODAY" Oh this girl is going to be a threat alright. "Make sure she stays OUT of my way. Understand?" I ask with a sweet smile.

He/she nods quickly and reply, "I understand"

I smile, "Excellent." I come up with a plan in my head. It's going to be rough. but who doesn't like a challenge?

I TOLD YOU SHORT CHAPTERS (and don't worry Brianna I will update more often. your my biggest and only fan so far 😄)