10

-Alex’s POV-

I wake up early hoping I don’t wake Debbie. I look up at her in her hammock, she looked like she was in a deep sleep. I sat up in my bed and take a quiet step onto the floor. Debbie snaps awake. 

“Why are you up this early?” Debbie asks. I mentally slap myself. Dang it I woke her up. 

“How did you know I was awake?” I asked.

“I sensed you taking a step onto the floor.” She replieS bored. 

“Um… Okay?” I said confused. I have the weirdest roommate.

So where are you going?” 

“Just to the bathroom” 

“Alright… Just watch out for the mouse traps.” She says. 

        “Oh right. The mouse traps.” I roll my eyes as she goes back to sleep. I get ready and  grab my bag. Then walk out the door. I go and find somewhere private to talk to this person. I walk the hallways and find a bench to talk to Angela. We were some of the first people admitted to this school, we have seen weird things happening since we have gotten here. We have stayed connected and only talk online. Otherwise our planning would be to suspicious. We use a closed off chat that deletes messages right after you read them. 

Alex: I believe you.

Angela: I knew you would come around.

Alex: You are not crazy, it is all starting to make sense. Ive seen it in others. I think I have even seen it in me.

Angela: I told you. This is real and it isn't good we need to stop it.

Alex: Your right. I am with you on this. Where did we leave off?

Angela: Detention.

Alex: Right. We need find out what happens to these kids.

Angela: I don’t know if it can be worse than what they give us here.

Alex: There can definitely be worse. 

Angela: I know. Although when I try to search it, it seems like all their minds just close off there. Like a wall that wont let me see it. 

Alex: Strange, although they can control it if they are the ones who gave it to you.

Angela: I know, although they have made the mistake of letting me in to far…  but what have you seen in you?

Alex: I don’t know. Its probably nothing.

Angela: If you don't tell me now I will end up finding out anyways.

Alex: Just wait a bit longer. Once I'm sure I will tell you.

Angela: Promise?

I glance up and see miles. I quickly shut my laptop and shove it in my bag. Its not that I don’t like miles. I think he’s very attractive especially since he is so smart. Its just No matter how hard I try he always seems to beat me in everything I do. He sees me and walks towards me. Im still annoyed that he interrupted my conversation.

“What do you want miles?” I ask annoyed.

“I… Uh..” He leans down and tries to kiss me. I step back confused. Why is he doing this? He never showed any interest in me before. Besides even if I might like him a little. I couldn't do that to Diana. 

“Stop it Miles. Go away.” I try to push him backwards, but he doesn’t move. Instead, he come forward and I back up until I'm against the wall. What is he doing? He leans down and smashes his lips onto mine. I keep trying to push him off of me but he doesn’t budge. 

I look past him and see Diana gasp. He lets go of me and turns around. I see a tear starting to form in her eye and she turns around trying to hide it. A wave of guilt washes over me and I yell “Wait Diana!” She runs away. All my guilt turns into anger and when miles turns around I scream at him “What is wrong with you?!” Slap him hard in the face. Then I see a red outline of my hand on his cheek. His puts his hand to it and winces. Although I don't feel the least bit guilty. I chase after Diana and yell “Diana come back!” I follow her to her dorm. 

I peak through the crack of the door and look around. Angela or Skylar aren't home. I walk in and see her on the couch. She tries to hide her sadness. 

“I don’t want to talk” She says sadly

“Its not what you think! He forced me to-“

“You know what, I don’t want to hear it.” Then I hear a soft knock on the door and Miles peaks his head through. He sees me and stiffens up looking scared. I smirk amused.

“Don’t worry miles I guess I was just leaving. Although so should you… Diana isn't in the mood to talk.” I say and walk towards the door. As I walk past him I pretend to hit him and he flinches. I smirk again and walk past him hitting him with my shoulder on the way out. “Jerk” I mumble. I leave feeling guilty again. I can’t believe I hurt Diana like that. I stop outside of the door trying to hear their conversation.

“I can’t believe you miles!” she says angrily with tears welling up in her eyes.. 

“I have no idea why I did that? I honestly don’t remember what I did.”

“Miles stop lying to me! You know exactly what you did.” Diana says. She sees a tear run down his cheeks and her angry expression softens a little bit. “Im so sorry Diana. Im not even sure what I did but I’m so, so sorry! 

“Fine just tell what happened then?” 

“I, um… I just remember the game, and Catherine, I remember seeing Alex on my way to a jog and I honestly am trying to remember but I can’t!”

“Catherine? What about Catherine?”

“I don’t remember. I remember she said something to me, I just don’t know what. and Im so sorry Diana.”

“Just leave miles.” She says “I don’t want to hear any more.”

I leave before they catch me listening. I run to my room and let out a frustrated scream. 

“Woah what happened to you?” Debbie asks 

I look up at her and my eyes widen “What the heck!” The room is filled with animals, from birds to deer to raccoons. “Where did you get all these animals?” 

“I found them in the forest.” She says shrugging.

“All of them?!” I yell.

“Yeah they all kind of… Followed me?” she says “They were just so cute and they followed me all the way here.” Then I hear sounds coming from the other room and I see Gabby and Reece come out riding deer.

“Yeehaw! Giddy up!” Reece says loudly.

“Onwards Ayoshima!” Gabby screams following him. 

Debbie smacks Reece on the back of his head. “Thats a deer not a horse idiot.” I look around in horror as a deer comes up to me and licks the side of my face. 

“Why did I have to get the weirdest roommate!” I said letting out all my anger on Debbie “First the mousetraps and now this?” Im out of here. I text Angela.

Alex: Meet me at the place. 

Angela: Ok.

I grab my bag and stand up “I am so done” Then I leave the school and walk of into the forest.

♥ ♥ ♥

Two updates in one day! Im on a roll haha! Love you guys! ♥