11

Diana’s POV

 “Just leave miles.” I say “I don’t want to hear anymore.”

I secretly hope that he will say something to try and get me to understand, but he doesn't say anything for a while. Im about to tell him to leave but he cuts me off.

 “I know this might not make any sense but its the truth! How can I make it up to you?” Miles says tearing up. I'm about to tell him how he can make it up to me, but skylar walks through the bathroom door and freezes. She stares at us really awkwardly. Crap! I thought no one was here! 

 “Oh... am I interrupting something?” Skylar says. She walks towards me and gives miles a stern glare.

 “I- I was just about to leave, but I promise I will make it up to you.” he says as he walks out the door. He doesn't look back.

Skylar motions me to sit down on her bed “What was all that about?" She asks concerned. "Does someone need to be taught a lesson” She teases. I laugh a little but my sadness quickly returns. We sit there for what seems like hours. I tell her what happened between miles, alex and I. As I go on we start the hour we start hating on boys and how stupid they are, It was great!

 “So what do you think miles will do to make it up to you?” Skylar asks curiously.

 “I dont know but it better be something good.” I say. I remember the sadness and anger that Miles had caused when I saw him kissing Alex. The picture of miles kissing my best friend is burned into my memory. Playing over and over again in my head. I suddenly get angry and decide to go cool off, so I decide to go and find Darbie and her squad to watch their practice. 

 <3 <3 <3

 I shake the image away from my mind as I walk towards the football field.

Then out of the blue I hear “Hey diana why don't you come over here!” Avery yells. I see Darbie and Avery waving towards me, motioning me to go over and watch them. As they do their flips and routines I sit down on bleachers to watch. Darbie seems weightless and super talented as she does three spiral turns in the air and falls into the arms of her team mates. They set her down and she does a perfect split as her ending pose.

I stand up clapping and I yell “Go darbie! Woo!” I quickly sit down as I see everyone staring at me like I’m a complete weirdo. 

 “Hey practice is over do you want to go for ice cream with me and girl?s” Avery says.

Darbie rapidly continues on saying “Yeah! Please come, were gonna have so much FUN!” Darbie's  energetic and fun spirit. I couln't possibly say no. And cheerleaders arent as preppy and annoying as I thought they would be. They can just lift your spirits even when your down. They actually make great company. 

“Sure that'd be great but, where are we going?” I asked very suspiciously. I haven't been off this campus in forever, I don't even know if we would be allowed to leave. I would never be able to afford ice cream around here.

 She laughs “Were not going off campus, cause were obviously not allowed. But I have some ice cream in my cooler at my dorm!” Avery says. I don't bother ask how she got it in the first place. She leads us towards the elevator. We have to sneak all of the team in because we weren't allowed out of our dorm past dinner.

We quietly sneak past all the rooms. Careful not to make a peep, one wrong move and we would end up in detention. Luckily Avery's dorm was close and we all made our way past the dorm advisors. We pile into her room and she wipps out the ice cream, as she did darbie moves us all to the bed and we all sit down.

Darby speaks exitedly with her mouth full of icecream. “Now lets talk about Boys!” oh great. I think to myself. I remain silent and and hide myself in the corner of the bed.

<3 <3 <3

Authors note: Hey this is Josie’s friend Brianna who wrote this chapter so comment how you feel about it!