7- The game

I honestly didn’t want to go to the game tonight. I had no idea who was going to be there or what it was about. But I promised Darbie and Avery I’d be there. I had a feeling I really wasn't going to enjoy this. 

 “You’re going. I will drag you there if I have to.” Alex says attempting to convince me.

 “Honestly it’s probably gonna be boring but everyone is going.” Debbie stated. “Now go back to your room and get ready.”

 “Fine.” I roll my eyes and left. As I walked back to my room. I saw students faces light up when they talked. Apparently this game has lifted everyones spirits. I finally made it to my room and opened the door. “Hello? Anyone here?”

 No one was home. They must be at the game already. I quickly grab my coat and head out the door.

 ♥ ♥ ♥

 I walk beside Alex and Debbie out to the field.

 “Who is the school playing against?”

 Debbie laughs and replies “We only play against one school.”

 I look at her confused “Why would they do that?” 

 “No one knows. It just is what it is.” Alex says shrugging. “Our rival school is Ellington Academy.”

 We reach the football field and I told Alex and Debbie to save me a seat. As they left I scanned the field for either Darbie or Avery. 

 “Well look who came to see me.” I groan. Caleb Starks. I knew his voice anywhere. I tried to stay calm, fighting with this boy would get me nowhere.

 “I didn’t come to see you Caleb I came to see Darbie and Avery.”

 “Sure you did. I just knew you couldn’t get enough of me.” He says with a huge grin on his face. If I don't walk away right now I might just loose it. I turn to walk away when he grabs my wrist.

 “Ouch! Let go of me Starks!” His grip was strong. It literally feels as if he would break it, although it looks like he’s holding on with no effort.

 “Sorry babe sometimes I don't know my own strength.” He says as he lets go. 

 “Don’t call me babe. Just go back to your game.” 

 “What? I don't get a goodbye kiss?” He says still grinning. I flick him in the forehead and leave to find my seat.

 As I walk toward the bleachers the cheerleader start doing stunts for the crowd. I spot Darbie as they toss her up in the air. My eyes widen as I see Darbie in the air. Either Darbie is made of Styrofoam or these girls can throw extremely high. I shrug I guess thats why she's called a flyer.

 I keep watching and I see Darbie do three flips in the air and land perfectly. I had to admit this was very impressive.

 Im about to get to the seats when suddenly someone grabs the back of my shirt and I fly backwards under the bleachers. Im about to scream but this person covers my mouth. My eyes begin to adjust and then I see Alex’s face. When I relax she uncovers my mouth.

 “You have got to stop doing that.” I whisper/yell at her. Suddenly Debbie appears from behind her.

 “Its more convinent to take you places this way.” Debbie whispers with a shrug.

 “First of all… No its not. Second, why are we here! Weren’t we watching the game?” I reply

 “We were… But you gotta see this.” Alex says worriedly.

 ♥ ♥ ♥

Ooo cliffhangers… You gotta love ’em. Sorry for short chapters. Thats just how it is :)