9.

Dark's Pov:

It was early in the morning and I had quite a bit of work to do today. I was going to take another job, and this one I couldn't skip out on.

For some odd reason, it seems as the days go on I am getting softer and have more heart and empathy for people than I have before. It's strange. But I'm not entirely sure I hate it.

I push myself off of the bed and stand in front of the mirror. Even in the mirror I seem different even though nothing has changed. I start to get dressed in all black, like I said, today I have some jobs to complete.

 Once I finish getting dressed, I quietly walk past the couch where Anti was sleeping. As I do so, something on the desk near him catches my eye. It was his file, the mission I have left incomplete. Something inside me urged me to complete it, but I resisted it walked past.

Thinking of Anti, I decided to leave him a quick note.

Anti, I have to go take a job today. While I am gone try not to make noise. This is just for precautions, thank you.

I debated on writing something along the lines of 'love you' but thought better of it. I then looked at him. He was still sleeping. His features seemed so stiff as he slept. I thought nothing more of it and headed out towards the board where the jobs are listed.

I browsed through them until I found one that wouldn't take too long, or so I thought. Normally jobs like this one would be a breeze for me except that I couldn't focus on the mission that stood before me.

Completing the job seemed to take forever. I was too distracted and I didn't feel like myself when I was out on the field. Once the job was completed, I was exhausted. I had gotten a call from my boss saying he wanted to talk to me after I was completed with my work. I was dreading it, making the long day even longer. When I returned home there was some news waiting for me.

"Mr. Darkiplier?" asked the lady at the desk. I stopped at in my tracks and turned towards her.

"Yes?"

"The maid informed me that she was hearing something from your room. When she preformed her daily room cleaning she caught sight of something in your apartment. She checked around but couldn't find anything. I just thought you would like to know of this." she informed me.

"Yes, thank you." I grumbled and my lips turned into a scowl as I made my way to my apartment.

I ripped open the door slamming it and called for Anti. When I got no answer in return I stomped throughout the house looking for him. Soon, I found him cowering under my bed. I grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him out from under there.

Even though I was mad, I was still grounded enough to notice that Anti's eyes were different. They weren't solid black but like normal eyes. They were blue an icy, beautiful blue. His pupils were small and the whites of his eyes were strange to see. But those icy eyes were scared. I felt a little sad for him, but he ignored me.

"I was told by the lady at the desk that the maid said there was something making noise and running through my apartment." He didn't respond when I said this, so I continued.

"I gave you specific instructions to be quiet and you didn't listen. Now you will be punished." I pulled out a collar I had kept for a long time. I had grabbed it when I was looking for him. I strapped it on and he started to pull on it as I explained what it was.

"Anti, this is a shock collar. Whenever you misbehave you will be shocked. And since you have misbehaved while I was gone, here is your punishment." I then pulled out the control and pressed the button. He wriggled around, trying to get the collar off. During this his eyes started to cloud over and the solid black in his eyes returned. As I watched this, I felt a wave of guilt wash over me.

Then it stopped and he blurted out,

"I'm not a fucking dog!"  He crossed his arms as he looked at me. I sighed and asked him,

"Why don't you go to bed early this evening?" He gave me a strange look while I said this. I then explained to him why,

"that way you'll be quiet when I leave again." He grumbled at me and then crawled onto the bed.  I don't know why I did this but I picked him up, put him on the couch and whispered in his ear,

"Bad boys don't sleep in the bed." He looked at me with a mean expression. I only scoffed and left to go to see my boss. As I approached his room, I felt panicked. I didn't feel good about this visit and I honestly didn't want to be here. But I knew I had to go in so I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

The door squeaked open and I took a step inside. The door closed behind me and my boss sat on in a large chair in front a significantly smaller one. I made my way to the smaller chair and sat down. As I did so, I couldn't help but notice that Felix was standing beside him.

"I was notified by Felix that you have met Anti-Septiceye before and you spared him," he started and I was shocked, "then today I was notified that there was a racket coming from your apartment giving me reason to search your room. Before you arrived I sent a message for a team to search your room and now we are waiting for them to arrive."

I was sitting there in shock as a loud knock sounded on the door. Felix went to open it and in came four people. The first three were carrying guns but the fourth was not. The fourth was dragging Anti into the room.

Anti had tape over his mouth and his hands were tied together by a long rope, which the fourth man was holding the ends of it. Anti was wide awake and quite frightened. I was worried as what was going to happen to him. Then my boss spoke up.

"Kill him."

Hey guys! This may be surprising to you guys but this book is almost finished. It may even be finished in the next chapter. I always knew that this book would be a shorter one so sorry about that, but the good news is that I have other books on the way. I have three in mind actually. The one that I am working on right now called It's Too Late, one that is called Cancer (still working on the name so it may be changed later) this one is septiplier, and the last one is a phan story that doesn't have a name yet. So yeah, hope you enjoyed the chapter and Happy New Year because I'm late with that.