My Brother

"Did you remember the blankets?"

"I've already packed them."

"Quills and parchment?"

"Neatly put away in one of my little cases."

"And the tickets?" Newt asked, grabbing his coat and striped scarf.  

"Blimey!" Clover ran to her bedroom and grabbed the neat stack of their tickets and passports.

"Got them." She panted and smiled softly, giving Newt a soft peck on the cheek.

Newt chuckled and jokingly crossed his arms. "I knew they'd be the one thing you'd forget."

Clover rolled her eyes, grabbed her suitcase, and then made an attempt to grab his before coming to an abrupt halt from Newt's hand. "I'll get it." He told her.

"Newt, love, it's heavy.." she flinched when he dropped her case.

"What is even in here?!" He nearly fell in surprise.

"Just something I built for Stella.."

"It's the house isn't it?"

"It's not the house."

"I'm quite sure it's the house."

"It isn't."

Newt flipped open the buckles on the case and opened it, revealing a miniature house she'd made for her bowtruckle.

Newt smiled, admiring all the tiny details and intricate patterns. "I never saw it finished."

Clover flushed slightly. "I haven't even had the chance to show Stella yet. I'd been working on all the odds and ends every weekend and haven't had any time. I do hope she likes it..."

Newt kissed her lips softly. "It's perfect. Stella will love it, I'm sure."

Clover smiled against his lips and slowly pulled back, seeing the time on the kitchen clock. "We'd better get to the port, love."

Newt nodded and took their luggage in one hand and Clover's in the other while they both apparated to an alley outside the port.

"I think it's just left of the par-"

With no trace, they were both suddenly shoved to the ground. A tall man blocked the exit, his dark brown hair and emerald eyes distracting Newt's thoughts.

His appearance was almost identical to Clover, except his lower cheek bones and curlier hair.

Newt glanced to Clover for a clue on who this mysterious male was but she was frozen to her spot, shaking uncontrollably. He instantly moved to her side, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

"Who is he?" He whispered in her ear.

"M-my brother."