06

06 | THANK YOU

[kara evans]

I sigh as i hear Grant's footsteps following me through the crowded room until we reach a more quiet place called the men's bathroom. Luckily for us no one was inside, and Grant locks the door before carefully looking at me.

A million thoughts cross through my mind as he slowly approaches me. Should i kick him in the balls? Strangely enough it hasn't been the first time i thought about it.

"Listen, Kara-."

I clear my throat, I wasn't exactly sure i was ready to hear him out. Because that could mean a million of possibilities, but i keep on the back of my head his betrayal and that he had used me.

"I followed you to the airport." He says and i look at him immediately, it was his first sentence and he had already changed things. "I tried to catch you but when i got there your flight had already left." He bites his bottom lip as he looks down at the tiled floor, i lay my back on the marble sink.

"I'm not sure if catching me before my flight leaves would of made any difference." I tell him, but a voice in my head tells me that that argument was for me rather than for him. "What would of told to me?."

He sighs in exasperation, running a hand through his hair.

"That I didn't want to lose you, that i loved you – I still do goddamn it!." He raises his voice, making me flinch a little. "That my manager could ban me from any movie or tv show for all i care because as long as i have you, fame can go to hell." He tells me, looking at me in the eyes. "And then we would of kissed and things weren't as shitty as they are right now." He licks his lips.

I shake my head, looking at the ground. "You don't know if things wouldn't be like this, Grant." I say and he scoffs.

"I know i was an ass, Kara. But when you left it was like a piece of me had left with you."

Now i am the one that scoffs.

"You're bluffing." I say and i laugh sarcastically. "I told you when i was leaving! I told you and still you didn't show up, but that's okay because I didn't want you to. I already had my mind set on forgetting you as soon as I stepped foot on that airplane." I spit at him, i click my tongue. "This is absolutely ridiculous, Grant. You blaming your happiness on me, news flash!! your life doesn't revolve around me." I yell and i lean closer to him, pointing my index finger at him. "Everything that has happened to you is because of you!." I poke him on the chest but he doesn't even dare to move. "You are the one who behaved like a complete ass to your friends, not me!." I poke him once again and he takes my hand between his.

"Kara, stop." He pleads with his eyes closed. "I know that, i realized that. I'm trying to get better but-." He sighs. "I've missed you, i wish I hadn't said the things i said and that things could be the way they were." He tells me, his eyes looking glassy once again. "Just give me a chance, please. I'm begging you." He tells me, leaning closer to me.

My breath hitches at the fact of his body so dangerously close to mine. The green emerald eyes i had so desperately ached for where once again staring into mine, and his perfectly warm hand was wrapped around mine. And then a memory flash came rushing to me; Seth.

"Even if i wanted, I can't." I shake my hand out of his, he takes a step away with a frown and his eyebrows knitted together. "I'm with someone." I mutter.

"Let's go home, Camila." I say as soon as i catch a glimpse of my brown haired friend. She looks at me confused before I grab her arm and almost drag her with me.

"Why?." She whines and i sigh.

"Because if we don't then drama is going to be added up to this equation." I tell her and she nods, even though the confusion in her eyes was still there.

We make our way outside, hearing the gasp of probably hundreds of people thinking we were some celebrity.
The clicking of our heels were the only thing i could hear as i tried to concentrate and make our way to an uber i had just called.

And then i hear a lot of screams and high pitched gasps.

"Kara! Wait up!." I hear Grant's voice call my name from behind, i mentally curse. Not turning back but Grant catches up with us rather quickly and grabs my wrist, spinning me around so i faced him.
"Please don't leave like this." He says, right on the middle of the street were i could see and hear not only the clicking of the cameras and the flash of hundred's of cameras but i could also hear people calling my name and Grant's.

I bite my inner cheek. "There's no other way for me to leave than like this, Grant." I tell him truthfully. "Sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to work out."  I tell him, staring up into his eyes, dazzling through the dim lights of the street.

"Can i have your number?." He asks me and I can't help but chuckle lightly.

"Why don't you try texting Carlos demanding to know where your pants are?." I ask jokingly and he grins.

"I think that could only work one time. Don't know how i got so lucky to send the wrong text to the right girl." He says and i stare at him.

"Grant..." I say in a warning tone and he shakes his head.

"Listen Carlos told me that you're leaving in three day's, just let me make it up to you by grabbing coffee tomorrow?." He asks and i sigh, looking at the ground.

"I don't know..." I trail off.

"I promise i'll behave." He says and i bite my bottom lip.

What could go wrong if it was just coffee? I definitely didn't want to hold a grudge against him, and i start thinking that the sooner i make this better between us the sooner i can go home grudge-free.

"Fine." I give in, he smiles widely as he takes out his phone. "It's 604-532-179." I tell him and he hums in response.

"Tomorrow sounds good then? At 1:00 pm?." He asks, shoving his phone down his dress pants and i nod.

"Sounds good." I reply and he leans in, kissing my cheek.

"Glad i could talk to you, Kara. Thank you for giving me a chance." He smiles softly and i do too. "By the way, you look dazzling tonight." He compliments and my eyes go wide for a second. "See you tomorrow." He says before walking back to the building. Some of the fans shoot me dirty looks as i walk towards the uber car with a confused look on my face.

I couldn't believe i had just agreed to go for coffee with the guy i had sworn to spit on him if i ever saw him again.

Guess things change, and a year was long enough to change your mind.

I actually liked this chapter! lmfao.
Tell me what you think! I love you all and can't believe Wrong Number now has 100K views! I really appreciate it when you guys read and comment on my stories and it makes me so happy whenever i see your comments.

So please be sure to vote and comment so i know you like this story.

Who knows maybe i'll update tomorrow (: