09

CHAPTER 09 | THE END.

[NARRATOR]
-

"CRAP FUCK SHIT." KARA curses under her breath as she runs into the hotel room.

"Okay that doesn't sound nice." Camila closes her book and takes off her glasses as she sees Kara plop down on her bed.

"I fucked up." Kara mumbles , it sounds muffled and Camila barely didn't understand what Kara mumbled.

"You fucked up?." Camila asks with a raised eyebrow, Kara lifts her head up and nods.

"Check your twitter." Kara motions the phone on the beside table. Camila frowns and takes her phone in between her hands, promptly logging into her twitter account and scrolling down multiple pictures of Kara and Grant's face dangerously close together.

Camila's eyes go wide. "Holy cr-ap." She stutters and Kara winces. "Kara what did you-."

"I didn't kiss him, it just looks like it." Kara defends herself immediately, with pleading eyes.

Camila sends a death glare to her. "Well Seth and half of the world thinks you did — ohmygod this will be a hell of a storm! You gave Derek exactly what he wanted!! His star co-editor having a drama blast with the CW's sweetheart — that would make such a good headline-."

"Camila focus! I'm fucked up-." She whines once again and covers her face with her hands. "Seth is gonna break up with me after he sees this picture - he got mad just because i talked to him, this pictures will make his hot-head go nuts!." Kara sighs, and so does Camila.

"But you didn't do anything, he has to accept and trust you." Camila leans over her best friend, Kara sighs once again and wraps her arms around Camila. "Hey, Seth is the nicest man i've ever met – I don't think he will get pissed at you, he trusts you."

Deep down, Kara knows it's not like that. Seth doesn't trust her, in fact – He has told her before, Grant was right, Seth is compulsive and over-protective.

And then Kara's phone rings, the upbeat song burning the deep silence in the hotel room. At the same time, there's a knock on the door.

"Kara – it's me, Grant. Please open the door." His pleading voice echoes, Kara groans.

"Fuck." She mutters – And spontaneously, she is bound to make a choice. She either answer the call of her dear boyfriend, or opens the door for the man she once loved.

-
[GRANT GUSTIN]
-

"Kara please, i want to talk – ." I sigh once again, knocking the door another time, i'm starting to think that there's no one in the room – Although the door man told me that this was 'Ms.Evan's room'. And i clearly saw her enter the hotel.

I hear footsteps among the silence of the hall, and with the click sound of the door, it opens showing me a lazy Camila.

She isn't amused by my presence, i smile.

"Uh hi Camila, is – is Kara here?." I struggle, she sighs – oh oh.

"She is, but she is in the bathroom talking to Seth." She tells me, and moves to the side motioning me to walk into the hotel room.

As i do, i hear whispers on one of the doors. I suppose it's Kara, in the bathroom.

"I wanna talk, i know how the pictures look – I don't want to cause her any problems with Seth, i will make a public statement – saying it was all a big misunderstanding, i can even talk to Seth if she wants-."

"Seth, just listen to m- No! No that didn't happen i'm – i'm not cheating on you that's-." Kara's voice is not longer just a whisper, we hear a deep sigh coming from the bathroom. "Listen i go back home in two days, we can discuss this – You have to believe me, nothing happene- yes, yes i know those pictures look deceiving but-."

"Seth doesn't trust her." Camila says, and i slowly nod. "But he is a good man, she has treated Kara like a princess – Only detail is her lack of trust, but other than that he-."

Kara slams the door open and sighs in frustration. She throws the phone on one of the beds and covers her face with her hands.

"Kara-." I start and she shushes me.

"He said he is breaking up with me." She croaks out and Camila embraces her.

It hurt to see her so — broken, and to think she got worse than this when i broke up with her. And suddenly she uncovers her face and wipes a single tear off of her cheek, she bites her lip before gulping down.

"If that's what he wants then so be it – If he doesn't believe me then he is a bigger idiot than i initially thought." She states and Camila at first looks confused but a small grin plasters on her face.

"That's the Kara i know and love." She says and Kara looks at her friend with a a smile before turning at me.

"Why did you came here?." She asks me, her face still flushed from the anger and exasperation.

"I wanted to see if i could help – Maybe i can make a public statement, rumors are already being written and it won't take long until hundreds of articles about it are written." I say and Kara nods.

"So just say the truth, i will stay out of it — the last thing i need is to get more involved." She looks at me understandingly — She looks tired, and i remember how sarcastic she was when i met her, and how i thought she was so strong and hot-headed but she isn't, that was just her shell, and i had seen her out of it.

"If that's all then you should be going." Camila informs me and i nod.

"Yeah that's all." I say before i start walking towards the door. "Goodbye Camila, goodbye Kara."

"Goodbye Grant." Kara says softly before turning her gaze at the ground.

I close the door behind me, and i slowly make my way through the fancy halls and like i expected there are paparazzi outside the hotel, and my phone starts ringing and it never stops – must be my manager.

But i don't feel like answering and i don't feel like being mobbed by paparazzi so i get out of the hotel by the backdoors — shown to me by the guard and i forget about my car and just walk through the cold streets of Vancouver until it's nighttime.

-
[KARA EVANS]
-

"You still like him." Camila says and i groan.

"I thought you had gotten over this!." I shout and she gestures me.

"Well i thought you had gotten over Grant! So we were both fooled." She tells me and i chuckle.

"Can we do something else besides discussing things i don't want to discuss about." I ask with my innocent voice.

Camila raises an eyebrow. "We could finish the article..."

My eyes go wide and i nod. "Yeah let's do that!!."

Camila takes her laptop out of the backpack and i take my notes and phone out.

Throughout the whole night i couldn't stop thinking about the events that happened. I'm single now, and a part of me felt awful and a part of me felt free. 

And there was this part of me that thought i could still be with Grant.

-