07

CHAPTER 07 | ❝ JUST COFFEE

[kara evans]
-

"So you talked to him? And now you're going to drink coffee with him? Is this some parallel universe where you don't hate his guts?." Camila says as the cab stops in front of our hotel.

I simply shrug. "He said some stuff, rational for the most of it, I don't think it's bad to talk about this. We are adults, Mila, this things have to resolve, we can't just live holding a grudge against each other." I say, paying the cab driver and promptly getting out, Camila looks at me slightly shocked.

"Seth has made you more mature, i'm impressed." She says and i can feel my eyelids getting heavier with every step closer i take to our room. My feet are killing me, i haven't gotten used to wearing heels.

"It's not only Seth, Mila. Everything leads up to being mature, i'm the co-editor of a company, and a journalist as well, I can't be playing games like i did before." I groan mentally, how many times have i told this to myself? Yet i missed my careless self.

"You're right, I guess I didn't notice that change until now. Still be careful, Kara, seems like Grant doesn't care about your current relationship and I have a bad feeling about this." She says and we walk inside the hotel room and i roll my eyes.

"It's just a freaking coffee, Mila. Don't be so dramatic." I groan and grab some pajama clothes before walking into the bathroom and taking off my skin tight black dress and sighing in relief as soon as does heels hit the floor.

After I put my clothes on, brush my teeth and wash the makeup off of my face, i walk out of the bathroom. Camila is in a deep sleep as she snores loudly on her bed, i wish i could sleep like that.

But after six months of Seth holding my close to his chest when i fall asleep, it's hard to sleep on my own.

I manage to get under the covers and as my eyes start to close, the screen of my phone lights up, and my curiosity is too much for me to handle. I take the phone between my cold hands.

UNKNOWN NUMBER >
Goodnight, Kara.

I shake my head and leave my phone on the night stand before falling into a deep sleep.

-

[narrator]

Kara wakes up by the sound of her phone ringing constantly.

"Turn your goddamn phone off." Camila groans as she throws her pillow to the back of Kara's head.

Kara groans and sits on the edge of the bed, grabbing her phone and answering the call without seeing who it was.

"Kara? What the hell?!."

She recognizes the voice as Seth's and a smile creeps onto her morning face.

"Morning to you too, babe." She says onto the phone but she is quickly cut off by an angry Seth.

"Babe?! Are you serious?! I saw the pictures of last night, Kara. So you were playing all along? I thought you hated Grant's guts, you should put in your resume how much of a great actress you are."