08

CHAPTER 08 | FLASH

[kara evans]
_

"So is there something else you want to do besides drinking coffee?." Grant asks as we walk out of the café, i bite my bottom lip.

"I really think that i should go back to the hotel...." I trail off as i put my jean jacket on. "I need to finish writing the draft for the article with Camila." I finish, although it wasn't entirely true, because we still had time to finish it.

He looks down at the ground while shoving his hands on the pocket of his jeans. "I thought maybe we could go and watch a movie." He says and i look at him apologetically.

"Maybe other day, Grant." I say and he smiles, but i can tell it's a fake smile.

"Can i at least drive you back to the hotel?." He asks flashing a smile and i slowly nods.

"Sure, you will make me save some bucks." I try to joke and he leads me to his car.

It was the same car i had stormed out off a year ago, the memories come rushing through me as i walk into the car and seat on the leather seats.

As soon as he gets in the car, he turns on the radio and 'Shape of You' by Ed Sheeran blasts through the speakers.

"So this guy, your boyfriend, is he nice?." Grant asks, not daring to look away from the road. A grin creeps onto my face as i nod.

"He is very nice, you would like him if you meet him." I tell him.

"I doubt that." He mutters under his breath and i look at him scoldingly. "I'm sorry i just doubt i will like the guy who is dating the girl i like."

"Okay, can we not talk about this?." I say a little angry and he clears his throat. "Are you and Hannah dating? Still i mean."

He smiles sarcastically before shaking his head. "Of course not, it was never in my plans to be with her."

I hum lightly before nodding. His bright emerald eyes glisten as he looks at the road. The pocket of my jacket vibrates before i take it out to see i had a brand new text from Seth.

SETH >
Nothing is going on, huh?

And attached a few pictures of Grant and I on the Café. Fuck those douchebags of paparazzis work fast.

"Crap." I curse and Grant glances at me.

"Is everything alright?." He asks and i shake my head.

"There were paparazzi at the café." I sigh and run my hand through my hair, fuck, when did things got...complicated?.

Grant raises an eyebrow. "So?."

I look at him in disbelief. "Uh i have a boyfriend who is in Ontario and this pictures make it seem like we are having some sort of rendezvois."

Grant chuckles and i look at him mad. "It's rendezvous actually."

"Really? Because i care so much right now!." I yell sarcastically and he shrugs.