Chapter Two

"These are some pretty cool daggers, where did you get them from?", Malia asked me.

We were sitting in a garage before the game started, to go through our plan, a plan that for our pack can always go wrong due to the unexpected.

"Oh these?", I questioned, while twirling them around my fingers, the light gleaming against the shiny surface and outlining the cursive writing. I  shoved them in my boots and tied the laces up.

"Venatrix mali?", Malia read the knives before I shoved them in. "What does that mean?"

"It's Latin. It means Huntress of Evil," I replied with no emotion, finishing up my other shoe lace up.

"How did you get them? I always see you fight with that, and nothing else," Malia tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Well you see it all started when..."

*Flashback*

"Dad I want to go out! I'm not a kid anymore!" I grumbled at my father. My dad was going to his 'job' and couldn't drop me off at Erica's house and when I offered to walk there his answer was simple, no.

"I know that Ken, I trust you, it's just the outside world I don't," he calmly stated. I huffed and walked upstairs, slamming the door in the process.

The door opened again, revealing Allison, smiling at me beamingly.

"Hey," she softly said. She walked over near my bed and sat down.

"Do you ever feel like dad is hiding something from us?" I looked at Allison while folding my arms in my lap.

Allison looked taken back, slightly recovering before saying, "Well if he did, it would probably be for a good reason".

I sighed frustratingly before asking her, "Why are you here?"

"Well I was wondering if you'd like to go ice skating with me, Lyds, Stiles and Scott?" She sat there waiting for my response. "Um I don't know that sounds like a double date to me," I laughed.

Allison begin to blush before getting up and walking towards my bedroom door. "Well when you make up your mind, feel free to knock at my door."

She closed the door and I sighed.  I leaned my head back and stared at the ceiling. The way Allison had reacted when I told her about dad was strange.

Almost like she knew something

'Well if she does knows something I'm going to find out too,' I thought. Jumping out of my bed, I put on a leather jacket, boots and a white top with black jeans ripped at the knees.

I opened my window and looked at the drop below. 'You can do this,' I thought to myself.

I jumped from my window, grabbed the tree, swung around from one branch to the other and landed perfect on both my feet with a flip.

'5 years of gymnastics and karate seem to be paying off'

"Now where am I supposed to go?," I mumbled to myself. It seems like as soon as I said that, my prayers were called as I heard a pained howl that sounded almost like a wolf?