Chapter Six

"Now I was barely seventeen with a pocket full of hope, screaming dollar and a dream with my closet looking broke," I sang while jogging around the forest.

It was around 8AM and I decided to put on black sport leggings, a sports bra and a black jacket over it, oh yea and my runners with daggers shoved into them.

"Real people don't die, form in the block, 1745, form in the block, my people don't die," I continued to sing to the song that went oh so well with my current situation.

Brett

He's the reason why I was running. I can't get him out of my head. He knew what I've been through just by looking at me, usually it took years for me to actually tell people what I've been through let alone them figure me out.

"And I'm going out like Scarface in his last scene, like a legend, what that mean? Real people don't die," I begun to run faster, tears brimming in my eyes, pain beginning to form in my legs.

He's so sweet, innocent and nice. Sure he was so rude to Liam but I knew it was because he was scared of Liam, he sees him as a threat because of how talented he is.

He doesn't know how talented he is. When I saw him play lacrosse at the scrimmage, he was a player in the making. The fact that he's so protective over his sister doesn't help either.

He was so different, so- I don't even know what it is. And the fact that I'm running because of him is also because I will never get to find out who he truly is.

"To die a young legend or live a long life unfulfilled, 'Cause you wanna change the world but while alive you never will," I whispered out of breath, while stopping near a tree, leaning on it.

I slide down against the tree, closed my eyes and start crying silently, music drowning my thoughts. "Damn, death creepin' in my thoughts lately, my one wish in this bītch, 'Make it quick if the Lord take me' I know nobody meant to live forever anyway."

I sighed as the music started fading away, tears streaming slowly down my face. I could taste the saltiness, the sadness of them and rubbed my eyes furiously and got up to jog to Brett's pack house.

___________

I walked up the stairs, looking around before my eyes settled on the wooden door in front of me.

Here goes nothing

I knocked three times, rocking on the back of my heels waiting patiently. I heard a patter of tiny feet before the door clicked unlocked, revealing a short blonde girl.

I smiled at her nicely and squatted slightly down to her size. "Hi, I'm Kendall, is anyone home?"

"Yea Sat-"

"Lori what did I tell you about opening the door without my permission? It's dangerous because you don't know who it could be," I voice begun yelling while walking down the stairs.

"But she's too pretty to be mean," The girl who I know knew was Lori replied.

"She can't be that pret-," he cut himself and looked at me, letting a low whistle. "And who might you be?"

"Look I'm just looking for Brett," I replied trying not to sound rude. This guy was cute, not as cute as Brett, but he was already getting on my nerves.