Chapter Five

"I'm just going to wait here" I assured Scott, sitting in the benches outside of the school.

"Are you sure? Can you wait that long?"

"Yea, now go and ace your test," I pushed him towards the door.

"I will but I won't be surprised if you get bored and leave. If you do leave at least send me a message or something," He yelled before I closed the door at him and sat on one of the benches outside.

It was a warm day so I opted for a white crop top with a body chain underneath, ripped denim shorts and of course my boots with daggers shoved into them.

After yesterday I could barely sleep, and since I'm a sophomore I decided not to take the test now with the state that I'm in.

I was literally a mess, and I didn't want the examiners to tell my how bad I scored to make me feel even worse.

I didn't tell Scott or anyone why I had changed my mind or that I was going to potentially die. I told Lydia to keep it a secret after some very hard convincing.

Scott did ask what name broke the cipher key, but Lydia just said, and I quote,

"I forgot"

Scott looked like he didn't believe her, I wouldn't blame him, but didn't ask other wise. Even if I did tell him, he can't stop what Banshees predict so I guess I have a few weeks left on me.

I frowned as that thought came into my head. A few weeks left on me. I'm only 17, I wanted to go to college and with the credit I have I can basically get into any college I wanted to.

I wanted to get married, have kids and travel the world, meet new people, eat new things. These milestones are just being ripped out away from me.

Just like Allison

If I did die, I want it to be because I was saving my friends. That's the only way I'll go down. No assassin is going to get $50 million out of me.

I was staring at the ground when I heard footsteps near me. Assuming it was another student, I kept my head down as I stared at the grass in front of me.

The person with the footsteps stopped in front of me as I was now faced with the view of his shoes.

I looked up to see who was in front of me and smiled when I saw a bunch of roses, and a very tall man behind it.

"And what might be the special occasion kind sir?" I asked in a posh voice.

"For saving my life ma'am," Brett replied, moving the flowers to the side to reveal his smiling happy self.

He gave me the flowers, before plopping himself down to sit next to me.

"I also got you this," Brett whispered while trying to find something in his jacket. He muttered a 'there it is' before pulling it out. It was a bracelet that had the words 'To my Saviour, From Brett x' engraved on it.

"Don't you think that's a bit of a splurge for a girl who you barely know?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I know enough," He replied, using my words against me. I laughed and shook my head at him.

He then got up and went on his knees. "Oh my god, this is not happening, yes! Yes! Wait no! I don't think I'm ready to take this massive step in our relationship!" I sarcastically gasped while putting my hand on my mouth.

"May I?" He asked, smiling at me and shaking his head in amusement.

"You may." He grabbed my hand and placed the bracelet on it. I smiled at him as he got up and dusted his pants.