Chapter Nine

"It's now time for your medicine," Brett told me.

"Brett you have your game now please I'll be fine alone," I tried to make up as a spoon was shoved into my mouth, bitter contents being spilled out onto my tongue.

I scrunched my nose in disgust and begun coughing. "What the hell was that? The assassin's piss in a bottle?"

"It's meant to stop the bacteria that had already entered your body from infecting you," Brett laughed and then took a seat next to me in the couch, placing an arm around me.

We both looked at the fire in front of us, a crackling sound heard every now and then. I placed my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"Do you think that life will always be like this for you and you're pack?" Brett asked, turning towards me and pushing back a blonde strand in front of my face.

"You know Brett I've always had this feeling, I don't even know why to be honest. I've always had this feeling that something horrible is going to happen to someone in the pack next year and it's going to be so bad that I don't even know we can defeat it," I sighed once again.

"Who do you think that someone is," Brett frowned.

"Stiles. He's always in trouble, always. But next year, there's this feeling tugging against my chest telling me this is just the beginning of the worst," I mumbled.

"What about us?" Brett asked, grabbing my cheek.

"You're a great guy Brett," I said, rubbing my thumb against his jaw.

"I didn't ask that. I asked what about us?" Brett asked once again.

I looked away from him and crossed my arms, "Are you still on about this? Why can't we just sit here and just enjoy each other's company?"

"Because I know you're hiding something from me!" Brett yelled.

"Why does it even matter?" I asked frustratedly, brushing my blonde hair back.

"Because if I want you to be my girlfriend I need to know if we told each other everything! You didn't even tell me you were a Venatrix!" He told me, arms waving around.

"Heck! I don't even know what the hell it is, I'm still new to it!" I laughed bitterly.

"Kendall, I really like you and I really am thinking of asking you to be my girlfriend but you can't keep things from me," He whispered to me.

"Brett I can't see you anymore," I finally said, closing my eyes.

"What do you mean?" He laughed nervously.

"We're over," I replied eyes still closed.

Brett sighed and got up, brushing his hair back. "I thought everything was good between us?"

"It is, I swear it is. But- I can't okay?" I told Brett, finally looking at him with teary eyes.

"Kendall maybe it's the loss of blood talking but I'm not leaving you," Brett said, clenching his jaw.

"Bret-"

"No Kendall this time you listen to me! I don't care if you think you're going to get hurt I will save you, I'm always here for you and you know that!" He yelled.

I laughed and looked at him harshly, "Is that why I had to take down a man and a little girl to save your life?"

The only way he's going to understand was if I was rude to the point he hates me and leaves.

He looked at me hurt. "You told me-"

"I told you what? That it wasn't your fault because you never learnt? Well guess what Brett? I f*cking taught myself how to fight, you're just a lazy piece of sh*t that wants things done for him!" I yelled at him, glaring.

"You don't mean that-"

"Shut up, you don't know me! I only saved you because Scott wanted me to I couldn't give two sh*ts about you or your sister!" I yelled back, biting the inside of my cheek to stop from apologising and telling him that I'm lying.

Brett looked hurt and eyes begun to water. He sighed and looked down on the floor before looking up to me, showing his angry yellow eyes.

"And to think I was actually falling for you"

When he slammed the door I begun to break down in hysterics and just laid on my coach, staring at the fire.

"Allison, Aid-en I-I, why-y did you's leav-ve me?" I sobbed out, holding my necklace.

I then looked at the bracelet Brett gave me and smiled sadly.

"I fell for you too"

________

"What do you mean Kira and Scott are gone!" I yelled at Stiles.

"They went on a date and they got taken to the freaking church in Mexico by your Aunty," Stiles explained while kicking his jeep.

"What do we do now?" Liam asked.

"We? No you're staying it's the full moon tomorrow night," I told Liam with wide eyes.

"But wouldn't it be better if I go with you's so I won't go on a killing spree," He asked.

"He's got a point," Malia stated.

"Look we'll figure a plan out tomorrow and we'll go tomorrow night okay? It's too late now and we need to get packing. Liam you're not going and that's final," I declared.

"But why?" Liam whined.

"There's nothing to hold you down if you lash out and decide to go on a rampage," Stiles pointed out.

"Braeden used to work for some military company right?" Lydia asked.

"Yea why?" I questioned.

"She can provide us with military vans that can hold a Beta with anger issues," She shrugged.

I looked at Liam long and hard before giving in. "Fine but I swear if you kill me I'll personally hunt you that you wish it was the berserkers instead of me."

Liam jumped up and hugged before I patted his head, "Okay okay down boy."

Everyone begun to leave one by one to pack for tomorrow's trip except Lydia because of course she had the banshee prediction look on her face.

"This is bad," She whispered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Kendall you have to tell them," Lydia got up and looked at me. "I lost my best friend, I don't want to lose you too," She begun crying out.

I hugged Lydia and begun brushing her strawberry blonde hair.

"You're the only person I have Lydia. Everyday I prayed that I'd never loose you because I'd be mental without you. Not once did I ever think that you'd might not have anyone if I'm gone and I'm so sorry," I whispered.

"I hate having this power! I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! Because I know when someone I love is going to die and not being able to do something!" She cried.

"You've done a lot for us Lydia," I whispered into her hair. "I'm the one who's going to hell."

"What do you mean?"

My eyes teared up once again. Knowing death was near, and all the friends and people I've met memory's were playing in my head it made me realise something very important.

"I broke the heart of someone I love"

A/N- IM SORRY THIS IS A VERY BAD CHAPTER I KNOW UGH IM A SHITTEY EXCUSE OF AN AUTHOR