Chapter Eight

It has been one week since that day I saved the guys from the assassins. Things had quietened down to the point where we couldn't stop looking over our backs.

Brett and I?

Well we've took the opportunity to go on dates because who knew how long until the next assassin could show up?

We've grown even closer and I couldn't help but feel guilty because I hadn't told him anything.

About me possibly dying.

That thought has been running through my head ever since Lydia cracked the code open and if I'm honest I could barely sleep.

Huh, and I had to offer Brett someone to sleep with for being scared, definition of hypocrisy.

At least when I slept with him that night I was also able to sleep. The next morning he dropped me off at school and kissed my forehead, while Liam was glaring at him.

Brett had smiled politely at Liam and waved which took him by surprise. To be honest, there was a few times when I wanted to tell Brett about my name being the cipher key but I just couldn't.

It's not easy telling someone you truly care about that you will die in a matter of weeks maybe even days.

"Brett...I uh," I coughed awkwardly and slowly drank water. "What if- what if the assassins get me? Do you really want to risk that- I mean it's better to end thing-

"No it's not, I rather get to know someone beautiful and trustworthy and have them die right on my lap then not get to know them at all and dream about what could've been"

I had mentally scoffed at trustworthy. I'm anything but that.

"Kendall are you okay?" Stiles asked me.

I sighed and brushed the strands of my blonde hair back. "Yeah just being the over thinker and indecisive person I'm known for," I laughed sarcastically.

"Tell me about it. Ever since Malia found out about Peter being her father I'm scared she will make the wrong choice and leave with him," He muttered shaking his head and looking at the floor.

I patted his shoulder and looked at him. "If I knew Malia any better, she would never do that to us, no matter where she had come from. She had every chance to kill you when she was left with alone with you but she chose not to."

"Yeah you're right," He replied.

Scott and the rest of the pack walked downstairs into the basement hurriedly.

"Kendall you have to go now!" Scott yelled frantically.

"What do you mean?" I asked unconsciously clenching my hand wanting to grab my daggers.

"Brett's being hunted down! Look we need to get the rest of the pack but you need to help Brett!"

I wasn't listening after I heard Brett was being hunted as I quickly got up on my feet and ran to my car to drive to his house.

I was driving fast, not caring if I was going to get 100 speed fines, Brett was more important. And plus if he's fine he can just pay the speed tickets.