Chapter Four

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" I asked Deaton with eyebrows raised.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible," Deaton instructed.

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" I asked Derek. Derek rolled his eyes and walked over to Brett's body.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," warned Deaton.

Derek begun holding him down, but it wasn't working as Brett begun to violently thrash around.

"Um Derek, I think he's slipping," I laughed nervously.

"I don't think I can hold him," and it seemed as soon as Derek said that, Brett was able to escape but that was short lived as Peter punched him in the face.

"Ah! I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," Peter proudly stated. I gave a questioning glance at him as that seemed pretty odd.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little," Derek grumbled, glaring at Peter, as he just stood there with a smirk before walking out and closing the door.

"There's something weird about him," Derek stated, staring at the door he just left at with.

I laughed before saying, "isn't he always?"

I looked back at Brett, laying down there peacefully. His hair was effortlessly styled up, and his face structured so perfectly. Maybe if he wasn't so cocky I'd actually find the guy decent.

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing.
Is he okay?" I asked Deaton, still staring at Brett.

"I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a while."

"Guys, can you hear that? I think he's saying something," Derek furrowed his eyebrows while moving closer.

"The sun The moon The truth The sun The moon The truth Three things cannot long be hidden," Brett whispered.

"The sun, the moon, and the truth. It's Buddhist," I told them, confusion laced in my voice. Why would he be chanting in Buddhist?

"Satomi," Derek realised. "She's one of the oldest Alpha's, she did something she regrets and now we don't know where she lives."

"Well maybe she doesn't live, she hides?" I asked with a shrug.

"If I'm going to warn her, I need help to catch her scent," Derek replied.

"Can't you find it yourself?" I question him.

"I'm slowly starting to lose my powers, I can't smell, can't hit someone with so much force I- I don't even know anymore," Derek begun to shake his head.

I looked at him sadly before patting his back, "I think Malia could be able to help, you know, uncle/niece bonding time," I half heartedly laughed.

Derek rolled his eyes, "Are you sure you're able to watch him on your own?"

I looked at him pretending to be offended. "I am the Venatrix Mali, Protector of the supernatural. Just because I'm technically not a supernatural, doesn't mean I can't handle anything. I earned the title myself, not from a bite or being born."

He laughed before messing my hair up, "I know kiddo, love you and stay safe."

"Love you too Snoopwolf," I yelled back waving.

I sighed while focusing my gaze back at Brett. So young and naive to be scared about a dead pool. I guess that's something we had in common.

I don't even know how I'm still alive. These past years I've gone up against some of the most wildest things. If Allison was here, we would joke about how funny those things looked.