When The Garden Calls

Dipper took Bill's hand and followed him back into the dark hallways. "Don't go digging around in places without me pinetree I have some...Unfriendly guests hanging around in the mansion" Bill said as they continued down the long hallway. Torches popped up with yellow flames on the side of the walls, chasing away the sinister looking shadows. Dipper relaxed and started to look around more. "Kid your head is buzzing with so many questions that your starting to give me a headache" Bill said, rubbing his forehead a little, Dipper looked a little hurt and started to talk. "Okay so you know how I'm five right and at this age we don't talk quite right well how come I can talk better than my sister and understand things more?" Dipper asked, "It's all in your mind" Bill replied, tapping his temple, "Demon kids at your age can do this they're a little more smarter than human kids". Dipper made a small o with his mouth and started up with another question, "what did you mean nicer version of grunkle Stan and did you um know my mommy?" Bill smiled sadly and replied "that is  something I'd rather tell you when your older and its best if we don't get into that sensitive subject". Dipper frowned a little and turned back to the dark hallway in front. A scream rang out from a door as they passed along with the scratching and clicking of claws. Dipper immediately latched on to bill and began to turn dark grey in fear. "I-i want to get out of here" Dipper whimpered as Bill lifted him up, "it's okay we're almost there that thing can't get  you"  Bill whispered trying to calm Dipper's shaking grey body. The poor boy was so small and frail Bill thought he'd shatter like glass if he continued. "I'm taking the short way there" Bill muttered as he began to wave his hand. A golden portal appeared and bill stepped through it. "Pinetree you can look up now, we're out" Bill said, walking further away from the mansion behind them. Dipper popped his head up quickly nearly missing Bill's chin. He gasped in wonder recognizing where they were. "It's the garden" Dipper whispered, craning his head around, "jeez kid don't snap your neck" Bill said, chuckling at Dipper's fascinated expression, "I'll put you down". Dipper grinned and nearly jumped out of his arms to go see a beautiful blue lily he spotted nearby. "Be careful pinetree" Bill warned, following after Dipper.  The boy grinned and stared at the glowing lily before him. The flower turned to him and started whispering. Dipper could barely hear what the flower was saying until all of a sudden, the flower reached out a leaf and held it in front of the boy. Dipper smiled as he spotted a beautiful dark blue oval shaped pendant in its leaf. "Take it" the flower whispered, "its yours". Dipper smiled and grabbed the small pendant from the leaf. "T-thank you" Dipper whispered to the flower as it sank back into its place. "Come when the garden calls" The flower whispered as it's voice faded away. Dipper put the pendant around his neck and smiled as the clasp closed on its own. "That pendant" Bill said as he came up behind Dipper "Is a key to help get you to the garden when you need to, it also help fend away anything that comes near you out here, the Lily's like that are guardians here". Dipper nodded and stared at the Amulet happily. "C'mon let's go see th-" Bill froze as he heard a beautiful song fill the air. "That's mommy!" Dipper cried, "Mommy's out here!".  Bill tried to grab him as the boy ran toward the source of the sound, "Pinetree wait!" Bill yelled, running after him. Dipper ran until he got to a scraggly looking black tree that had vibrant purple leaves jutting out from its branches.
The song was coming from a violet jewel in the middle of its base. Dipper stared as a shadow appeared in the gem, singing the song he remember from when he was a baby. It seemed to smile at him as it continued on. Dipper stepped up on the roots that stretched from the tree and put his head against the gem. Tears streamed from his face as his mother's voice faded away.  Bill slowly walked up beside him. "W-what was that thing? W-why did it sound like.." Dipper cut off with a sob and slowly let go of the tree. "It's a lullaby tree, it can play treasured songs sang by family from your memories the shadowy thing was a silhouette of your mother" Bill explained, pulling the poor kid close. Dipper sobbed heavily into bill's chest as the demon picked him up. "I'm so sorry pinetree" Bill whispered as he began to carry him back to mansion. "Come when the garden calls" Dipper heard the familiar voice of the lily whisper as Bill carried him back into the shadows.