seperated

DANNY'S CAR

"Well hello Rachel!" Said Danny. Answering his phone while Steve was driving to Amelia's house. Rachel was Danny's ex wife and they didn't exactly have the best kind of communication. After breaking up with Rachel other, Rachel moved in Hawaii with Stan and took little Gracie, their kid, with her and so Danny was forced to get on the island too. To say his felt like a fish in unknown waters would be an understatement. He was a Jersey man, this island did nothing for him. “What? No...I promised her I would be there with her-- no Rachel, I can't travel to Disneyland for her birthday- why? Because I'm working- no I can't take a day off- bad guys don't take a day off Do they?-- Rachel I'm sure they have parks here- IM NOT THE ONE WHO MOVED IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE FOR HIS NEW BOYFRIEND...Rachel I---"

Danny squinted his eyes together while his ex wife spoke on the other line and while he tried to stay calm and not punch his hand through the window. Steve parked the car outside Amelia’s house, nudging his partner on the shoulder to get it over with the phone call. “ok dear- yes- ok bye.” Danny threw the phone on back of the car, groaning as he did so. He got out, following Steve to Amelia’s doorstep. He noticed something that Steven had missed, her smartphone was thrown on the mud put of her house.

He picked it up and looked at the broken screen "Steve" he called, getting his attention. "This can't be good"
"Is that hers?" He asked
"Probably" he answered, walking over to the door step.
"Alright" Steve looked at the door "we need to get in" he prepared to kick the door down when Danny started shouting-
"HEY NO! NO NO! what kind of an animal are you?”
"What did you want me to do Danny? How do you suppose we'll go in? You'll use your magic wand?"
"How about we look for a key?"
"You'll shit it out of you Danny?" Asked Steve, raising his voice.
Danny sighed "you know people, humans, my kind- not yours- sometimes hide keys under the carpet in case of emergencies-"
"Under the carpet?"
"Yes. Under the carpet."
Steve shrugged "That's stupid."
"Is it so hard for you to look under the carpet before you break down the door?"
"You want me to look under the carpet?"
"Yes I do-"
"You're standing on the carpet." Steve Pointed out calmly. Danny looked at his feet and cleared his throat.
"Well you see you could have just said that from the beginning and ask me kindly to step off the carpet”
"Danno would you please remove yourself from the carpet."
"Didn't have to call me danno-" he murmured
"Move Danny." Danny stepped away and the other man looked under the carpet but as he expected "there's no key here."
"Then we'll look in the flower pots." He said moving towards them.
"Danny this is getting annoying if you just let me knock down the door-"
"No Steve I'm not letting you knock down the door because then I'm gonna have to pay for the door and I don't wanna have to pay for the door. Do you wanna pay for the door?"
While Danny was looking in the pots, Steve looked at the top of the door. He reached with his hand and to his surprise he actually found they key "got it" he said. Danny looked up, clapping.
"See? Your terrifying height finally pays off."
"Shut up Danny."
Steve walked In first. The place looked very tidy and It didn't seem like anyone had forced an entry. "This doesn't make any sense." He whispered, while Danny looked around for evidence.
"Give me her phone"

Danny gave him the phone and he walked in the kitchen with it, leaving it on the counter. He used a little bit of Amelia's powder soda to make the fingertips more visible.
"Those are probably hers." Noted Danny
"Yes but maybe not. It won't hurt to check." Steve took pictures of the fingertips and sent them to the lab. Danny walked back to the living room started breaking down all they knew so far, thinking out loud.
"Ok so Kono says, she saw Amelia at 7, this morning, on the beach."
"She said Amelia left to get back home right before I called her."
"So she must have been here at around 7:30."
"Yes but the door was locked so she probably never got in the house"
"Plus her phone was on the grass which means she must have dropped it when they took her"
"But there's no blood so they took her alive. Which is good"
"Yeah there's always a chance they just dropped her body somewhere else." Suddenly Steve snapped and slapped his hand on the nearest table. "Dammit!" He shouted.
"Don't blame yourself Steven."
"If I had called her-“
"Marcel came here for a reason. Right? This wasn't an accident, it was planned."
"What could he possibly want-" Steve stopped talking when his phone started ringing and he quickly picked it up. At first he thought it'd be the team with an update but the voice didn't match any of his team members but instead- "Governor."
"What the hell is going on Commander." She questioned from the other line
"Governor we are doing everything we can.”
"I sent her to you, to take care of her- and on her first day she is kidnapped by the man that killed her parents-"
"I understand the situation doesn't look really good but we have all hands on deck-"
While Steve was talking to the governor, Danny's phone started ringing too.
"I want you to keep me updated on everything that happens." Demanded the Governor
"Yes Ma'am."
Steve hanged up and slipped the phone back on his pocket. Danny hanged up a little while after him. "Deeks said the ice cream shop was a dead end after all."
"Ok well let's go talk to the neighbors maybe one of them saw something. In the meantime call chin and tell him to go to the lab."
"Yes sir."