way down we go.

Oh, Father tell me, do we get what we deserve?
Whoa, we get what we deserve.
And way down we go

She raised her head as the elevator doors opened with the familiar dinging sound. She walked down the hall, holding her black jacket on her right hand. Amelia stopped on her tracks when she saw them, standing around the large screen together. There was Steve, Chin, kono and Danny, laughing and talking with each other. Teasing each other. She hid herself behind the door, hesitating to go in. Tomorrow morning she was supposed to meet the governor and talk with her about leaving 5-0. One month had gone by so quick, she didn't even realize it. One month was the deal she made with the governor and now it was time to go-

God no, she thought, she was always horrible at goodbyes. She couldn't do this. She turned around to walk back to the elevator when she suddenly heard her name, she stood still, taking in a deep breath before turning around again. Danny was standing before her with that same old smile in his face and his carefully made tie. "where you off to?" he asked "you should stay for a beer-"

"Actually I have somewhere to be-"
"oh come on! This was your last case right? Chin told me you are meeting with the governor tomorrow morning. Least you can do is stay for a beer"
She couldn't believe Danny actually remembered that she was leaving and he seemed to care about it too. Suddenly she felt uncomfortable. "I'm sorry Danny I'm just not good at goodbyes."
"Then don't say goodbye." He topped her voice, approaching her. He still had that smile on, that could make anyone feel happy and safe. Danny had this talent of making people open up to him, he was this tiny wise man, that seemed to care about everything so much. Amelia admired that about him "listen I know Steve is very hard work with-"

She laughed "its not about Steve danny"

"I know that too" he reassured her "I know you wanna go off to your adventure and that's fine with me too, I don't wanna stop you. I think I'm the last person in that room that can convince you to stop, McGarrett included.." he winked "but um..." he kept glancing back and forth on the team and her "I hate this place. I do." He chuckled "I hate the coconuts falling on your head and um the deadly jellyfish..." Amelia couldn't help but laugh "the bugs, I don't even like the ocean- I hate surfing. The sun is very annoying, the Hawaiian rain too is very bad as well- I can make a list all day about everything I hate about this place- I mean no disrespect I'm just- im used to ham on the pizza, not fruits- I'm a Jersey boy." He explained, still smiling and making her laugh "and I hate him too but- we've already been through so much together. You can't look me in eye and tell me you're not gonna miss this. I came here and I was at loss.. and then I found this... job, this family. We're family Ams. You can go as far as you want you'll never get rid of us now. So if I had to give you an advice as the wisest man in the group... is to save yourself the money and the flights- which I hate too by the way-" he laughed "and stay."

Amelia held on her jacket tighter, staring at him with adoration. "I have to admit, if I do leave, I'll miss you the most danno" she really meant that. Danny had a special place in her heart, maybe it was because of how he took care of Grace. He was a great father figure, one that she had surely missed in her life.

"oh really?"
"yeah you and your short legs and your witty one liners- you remind me of a good friend- his name is Hunter. He's British actually, way more annoying than you"

Danny scoffed "that's good. I should meet him one day."
Amelia shook her head "I really hope you won't have to." She mumbled.