silhouette

BASED ON S01E19

Devils on your shoulder Strangers on your head,
as if you cant remember, as if you cant forget

A week after they searched Amelia’s apartment she was able to go back and stay there. It felt so weird sitting on her couch again and although all the microphones and the cameras were gone she still felt uncomfortable sitting on the leaving room, like somebody was watching her at all times and she hated it. So she moved in with chin for a couple more days. It was a little weird staying together again but staying with mcgarrett for longer was weirder.

This morning was different though. It was almost 11 and she still couldn’t get off the bed. Her head ached like someone had used it as a punching bag the night before. Her body hurt like someone had walked on it and she felt like she was too old for hangovers and drunken nights. She regretted all her actions from the night before, all the glasses of whiskey she had finished in seconds. All the non-stop dancing. Yes, it was her friend's birthday, yes she liked to party, yes she had fun but all she wanted to do now was disappear in the sheets. When she heard the door to her room opening, she groaned and hid her head under one of the pillows. Even the simply cracking noise of the flood while chin was walking to her hurt. He sat next to her, making bed deepen as he did.

“morning”

“too loud!” she complained, making him laugh which she hated anymore “oh my God make it stop! Why are you so loud!”
“I have coffee" he offered and Amelia threw the pillow away quickly and stole the cup from his hands.
“you’re my savior.” She whispered, drinking her coffee. For a while everything was calm and she was happy, feeling like there was hope after all but then here phone started ringing, scaring her, shaking her, drops of hit coffee landed on her skin, making her gasp and whine “MAKE IT STOP" She complained and chin grabbed her phone from the night stand, left the room while answering it.

“Steve?” he said to the other line- for a few seconds Steve didn’t even answer.
“chin?” he questioned and even from the miles that separated them, chin knew he was confused.
“yeah Amelia can’t come to the phone right now.”
“is she ok?” fear was dripping from his voice.
“she’s fine. I mean- kind off. She's hangover” Chin could hear Danny laughing next to Steve and clapping his hands while Steve remained silent instead. “Do we have a new case?”

“yeah, yeah we do. HPD found a body thrown from a hotel balcony dressed as a superhero. Me and Danny are going to the scene right now- but we have another update. Tell Amelia a CIA agent came to my office this morning, her name is Jena Kaye. She says we are obliged to give her the files se have on the yakuza, wo fat and marcel. I’m gonna need her to look into it, drop by the HQ so we can talk” he paused, clearing his throat “you think she can do that?”

“mention marcel and she'll be up in no time.”
“Kono is already at the crime scene, you can go find her. Tell Amelia to drink some coffee and meet me at the office.”

HOTEL ROOM – CRIME SCENE

“you didn’t tell me you and Ams went partying last night" teased Danny while the walked towards max and the dead body near the pool of the hotel.
“its cuz we didn’t” he said under his breath
“excuse me?”
“we didn't, ok?” he repeated louder “I didn’t know she went partying last night.” Steve was obviously annoyed and Danny was enjoying it.