Beginning of training

14 people joined dauntless. There were 6 Dauntless born initiates that stayed, Tobias trained them. And I had a group of 8 people I had to train. The first jumper was a boy called Max from Erudite. Then there were sisters, Tara and Tina from Amity. Twins from abnegation called John and Emma. Two candor boys called Adrian and Tom and a girl called Lanny from candor.

I led them inside, standing by the chasm. "Listen up. This is the chasm, it is here to remind us that there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Don't go jumping off because it will be the last thing you do." I glanced down. "I almost died here, I was cornered, attacked and nearly thrown off the edge. I was saved." I couldn't resist casting a quick glance at Tobias. Tara followed my gaze. She pointed a delicate finger at him "who is THAT?!" She exclaimed. "That's the leader Tobias, or Four. He trains the Dauntless born initiates and looks over everyone's training." She wouldn't stop googling over him. It was annoying, my anger was building up. It wasn't anger though, it was... Jealousy? I shook my head.

"There are 14 of you altogether. Only 10 will be accepted while 4 will become factionless. Train hard, train strong." I sounded so formal, it was something I would take on when talking to strangers, the less emotion you feel the less they can hurt you. "Today we will be throwing knifes, follow me." I turned around. Tara was still looking at Tobias, 'I'll kill her' I thought bitterly to myself. She we reached the training room I explained how to use a knife and what it's purposes were, demonstrating the posture and the throwing styles and in what situation they would be good for. I picked a single knife off the bench and walked to a target, swiftly and without hesitation I threw it, getting a straight bullseye. They gasped. I shrugged. "Pick a partner. You will be throwing knifes at them. The partner will stand in front of the target and the other partner will throw the knife at them from here. Good luck." I was greeted with silence and many mouths gaping open. I couldn't resist laughter anymore. "I'm joking! Ahah! Don't worry, you will be aiming at the target. Everyone grab five knifes and pick a station. I will come around and help you." I dismissed them. They scuttled off, still in groups, murmuring as they grabbed the weapons. I examined them. Max had a strong arm and good aim, well good enough, it needed some improvements. Tara was flushed but her aim was okay, she was too gentle and her knife bounced aimlessly from the surface of the target. Her sister, Tina, was strong. But before she would throw she would hesitate sometimes, causing the knife to spin carelessly. John and Emma were equally as average as each other, pretty good aim, improving and not to bad a throw. But they needed muscles to back it up. Lanny was pretty skillful, poised and cunning. Adrian was okay but he didn't use his core strength with his throw. Whereas Tom used too much of his energy, getting tired out and needing breaks.

I went around explaining and fixing up what they were doing when I heard the doors open. I, and my group, turned to see Tobias leading his group through the doors. He came up to me as the two groups examined each other, "Can't get rid of you, can I?" I muttered in his ear.

"No you can't. And they need to learn knife throwing." He said, Tara was obviously trying to listen in on our conversation. I lowered my voice "sure. Or you missed me." I smirked. He shrugged. "Do you want to help my group while I show your group what to do with a knife?" He just nodded and walked off towards Tom, fixing up his posture. I walked over to the random group of people. There were 2 girls and 4 boys. "Hey. So I am second in command, the name is Tris. And I'll be teaching you how to knife thr-" "Hey. I'm not taking orders from a little girl!" One buff boy said jokingly. I lunged at him, pinning him up against the wall. He could've overturned me if I didn't have my arm against his neck.

"'Little helpless girl'? Say that again and I'll rip your throat out with my teeth." There was a silence where the boy smiled, taking me by surprise.

"Well you earned my respect" he shrugged as I let him go. He took my hand and shook it. "The name is Dan. Nice to meet you second-in-command Tris." It took me a millisecond to change my face back to normal. I walked back, teaching the group how to use a knife and what it's purposes were, telling them the different situations to use one. I grinned and pulled the same trick on them I did to my group. "We shoot our partners?" One exclaimed, unbelievingly. "Got ya. No I was joking, go grab five knifes and start shooting the targets." I said as they filed away. They grabbed their share of knifes and started throwing. They were good, showing similar qualities like my group has. The one I noticed most was Dan, he was amazing at pretty much all of it, no doubt he would get in dauntless, he had a strong arm and his aim wasn't perfect, no ones usually was. I went around Tobias and my group, fixing up the technique and giving helpful hints. In the end we called it a day. Everyone had improved. I led my group to their cabin. "This is where you'll be staying. I don't want any cheating going on through the whole part of the tests. Okay?" They murmured back, filing in to the cabin. I held back the memory of Edward getting stabbed in the eye. Edward had come back to Dauntless and trained up, he was a relief instructor. Still, I couldn't shake that memory away...

I closed and locked the door behind me. Walking back to Tobias's room, well. Mine and his room. We shared a cabin... And bed... Only a few people knew. I opened the door and lay down on the bed, Tobias came in shortly after. He lay down and hugged me. "You're an amazing teacher." He said, pushing a strand of hair from my face. "I just imagined what you would say." I said as I leaned back into him, letting his warmth comfort me. I tuned around and kissed him gently, I could feel myself slipping off into sleep. "I love you..." I slurred before I was carried off into darkness.